By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - New Star Wars Films Coming From HBO Game Of Thrones Writers

As long as ruisney has the franchise, SW finished with episode VI.

Last edited by Pavolink - on 06 February 2018

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

More trash, hooray. The sheer idea of a Rian Johnson making a whole trilogy of these movies is akin to hearing Adam Sandler is set to write and direct a trilogy of Alien movies - not interested in seeing any more of the franchise, but holy hell does it sound like three trains colliding at top speed.

They're going a bit overboard here with the amount of Star Wars movies they're announcing. Also, how is it Disney didn't just peg these guys to run their Star Wars show for their streaming service? I mean maybe they'll transition nicely to the big screen, maybe they won't, but we do know for sure that they know how to make a damn good show, and we know you wanna make a big time Star Wars show to help sell your streaming service in the very near future. Sooooo..........1+1=2 made too much sense?

Oh please not. They will need 400 episodes for just reaching the recreated death star.

I wish George would have kept it. I don't think he would have made any more movies. Then again maybe his kids would just have sold it to Disney, too.

Around the Network

This makes me nervous.

Faelco said:
So they will find a nice existing Star Wars book, butcher the plot and add plot-holes, warp travel, pointless deaths and sex. Just what the Star Wars franchise needs, way too much coherent plot in it so far...

Lol, this was my thought as well. I know people get excited about anything related to Game of Thrones, but a potential Star Wars with sex and violence does nothing for me. I guess that's a minority opinion though...given how well GoT does.

The bigger issue I see is how Disney thinks they'll prevent franchise burn-out. This seems kind of crazy to me.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:
Faelco said:
So they will find a nice existing Star Wars book, butcher the plot and add plot-holes, warp travel, pointless deaths and sex. Just what the Star Wars franchise needs, way too much coherent plot in it so far...

Lol, this was my thought as well. I know people get excited about anything related to Game of Thrones, but a potential Star Wars with sex and violence does nothing for me. I guess that's a minority opinion though...given how well GoT does.

The bigger issue I see is how Disney thinks they'll prevent franchise burn-out. This seems kind of crazy to me.

The issue isn't even the sex and violence for me. It's rather that those guys have only been able to do well when they followed existing material exactly (first seasons of GoT). Everything they decided and added themselves after that slowly but surely butchered the plot. The last season is just bad fan fiction level, with all the incoherent plot holes going with it.

They will surely butcher SW even further than TLJ.

You would think after The Last Jedi only made $1.3 Billion at the box office Disney would have been done with this franchise!

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I wish George would have kept it. I don't think he would have made any more movies. Then again maybe his kids would just have sold it to Disney, too.

Man your avatar is amazing...

One of my favorite albums ever by the way...