?

Shadow of the Colossus 2 8.70%

Gran Turismo: Sport 10 43.48%

Forza Horizon 3 3 13.04%

Horizon 6 26.09%

Final Fantasy 15 0 0%

Resident Evil 7 2 8.70%

Total:23

Shadow of the Colossus looks really amazing on PS4 on my 1080p HDR display. I've been playing my PS3 for sometime as well and the thing I notice most besides the lower resolution and graphics of games is the lack of colour depth. PS4 games without HDR suffer from that issue as well. HDR really brings out the colours in a game and make the lighting and textures feel more impressive than on an SDR display.

That begs the discussion of which game does HDR the best. The thing I talked above is true for some games but just having HDR 10 support doesn't make the colours pop. Games that were released in SDR and later got HDR support like Infamous: Second Son don't look as good as the games where the devs already knew they were going to have HDR during development. Still though some developers just do it better. I'd say GT Sport has the best colour and lighting in a game I've played.

Around the Network

GT Sport easily. Horizon is great too. Haven't played SOTC yet.

GT Sport easily.

Errorist76 said:
GT Sport easily. Horizon is great too. Haven't played SOTC yet.

SOTC is a great showing for HDR. Good to see Bluepoint showing support for a technology that's never in the limelight and difficult to get right even in a remake.

From the ones I played Horizon and GTS are pretty much equal. SOTC arrives tomorrow, but should be great as well. I also like the implementation in second son. The lighting feels way more natural with HDR on.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Qwark said:
From the ones I played Horizon and GTS are pretty much equal. SOTC arrives tomorrow, but should be great as well. I also like the implementation in second son. The lighting feels way more natural with HDR on.

Played that too..you’re right. Game looked much more stylised without it and less colourful.

On the other hand both GTS and Horizon hold up really well, even without HDR. Great lighting on both either way.

GTS easily. HZD looks great as well, yet GTS goes a step further. That said, I don't really notice it while racing, except the low sun in your eyes is more annoying in HDR... The cars need sun visors. Night racing looks much better in HDR though.

I'll get SotC soon, I wonder what it will look like.

Racing games are the front-runners of hdr. Both GT sport and forza horizon 3 do well in that regard.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

For me horizon zero dawn followed by GT sport.

Farpoint