By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Article comments seem borked for me

When clicking on "show replies" to comments which are hidden (not just for score but also for size under other comments) some don't show at all now and on the Axiom Verge comments if I click show replies the page refreshes but doesn't load them, good for article view count I guess but rather poor as a functional website. Anyone else getting this error or could it be browser based? Also in the last week I've noticed a few peoples replies showing up there as blank text at times when opening out the full list of replies under someone else's comment.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

I took a look and for me, an ad that remains completely dark that covers half the screen pops up whenever I scroll near the comments on a article. 😹

Ganoncrotch said:
When clicking on "show replies" to comments which are hidden (not just for score but also for size under other comments) some don't show at all now and on the Axiom Verge comments if I click show replies the page refreshes but doesn't load them, good for article view count I guess but rather poor as a functional website. Anyone else getting this error or could it be browser based? Also in the last week I've noticed a few peoples replies showing up there as blank text at times when opening out the full list of replies under someone else's comment.

I've yet to see that one, but other strange things have been happening in recent days. The easiest one to outline is that I got a quote notification in an article I never posted in. Spooky!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

spurgeonryan said:
We have ads here?
Went to gamewise for a minute and was swamped with ads.

Well you're a Supporter so you won't be seeing any ads.

COKTOE said:
Ganoncrotch said:

I've yet to see that one, but other strange things have been happening in recent days. The easiest one to outline is that I got a quote notification in an article I never posted in. Spooky!

I think that's because someone quoted you, but then deleted the quote out of his post.

Around the Network
Flilix said:
COKTOE said:

I think that's because someone quoted you, but then deleted the quote out of his post.

But I never posted in the article, so there was nothing to quote. The blue notification appeared on the hot topics list, not my VGC buddy.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Flilix said:

But I never posted in the article, so there was nothing to quote. The blue notification appeared on the hot topics list, not my VGC buddy.

Are you talking about threads or about articles?

Flilix said:
COKTOE said:

Are you talking about threads or about articles?

Threads. My bad.

spurgeonryan said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well you're a Supporter so you won't be seeing any ads.

You jinxed me. Now I saw one. 

What?

spurgeonryan said:
VGPolyglot said:

What?

I saw an ad. 

On VGC, while logged into your account?