By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch software randomly booting off with "error occurred"

Never, except once did it crash to menu when I played Xenoblade 2 and skip traveled.

Around the Network

Skyrim does that, the game needs some fixing to avoid random crashing.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I just had that today with Mario Rabbids (bought it like 4 days agot)

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I have an absolute ton of hours racked up in many different games and this is only happened to me one time during Skyrim.  I submitted the error and hopefully some patch can be dropped in the future to keep that from happening.  wasn't really a big deal though.

"Bethesda: Quality Is Our Only Compromise"

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
FarleyMcFirefly said:

I've had this happen maybe 4 times with Skyrim, but only Skyrim at that point. I kept getting a message saying "Software was closed as an error occurred" or something.  It hadn't happened in a while, but it did  tonight while playing Fire Emblem Warriors. Now I'm concerned. I thought it was only one piece of software, but I feel like it's the system now. 

Is there anything I could try to avoid this? Has anybody else had these issues?

I just don't want to lose hundreds of save data... I really cannot understand why they haven't had the option to move your data to another switch or attach it to your NNID.

I think it's Skyrim. I've topped 200 hours of Skyrim at this point and it's happened to me maybe 4 or 5 times... I think I recall seeing it only once or twice across all of the other games.

This is fairly normal in my experience. Until recently the console I played on most consistently was the PS4 and I'd get those errors all the time. I don't see why it would actually harm the save data though? You should be fine, and Bethesda seems to recognize their games crash constantly as it saves after going through damn near every door in the game lol

Just a quick question do you have a hard copy or digital? Reason I asked is because all my games are digital except for BOTW which came with the platform and the only one I've had any sort of crash with was BOTW around twice or so, digital I've never had any such problem although Skyrim brings a host of other issues due it being Skyrim.

Wyrdness said:
Just a quick question do you have a hard copy or digital? Reason I asked is because all my games are digital except for BOTW which came with the platform and the only one I've had any sort of crash with was BOTW around twice or so, digital I've never had any such problem although Skyrim brings a host of other issues due it being Skyrim.

Hard copies for the games that have crashed (so far).

Thanks for the responses, I feel better knowing it's the software and not the Switch itself.

1doesnotsimply

Rocket league in 4 on 4 chaos has crashed for me once or twice, Minecraft when there is a ton of redstone...

oh and skylanders likes to pop out of a game too sometimes when there is a selfie event going on.

It's common it seems!
https://www.reddit.com/r/skylanders/comments/6002vz/imaginators_crashing_when_scanning_certain/

Would think you've just been unlucky in your play and experience maybe wouldn't go worrying about the system just yet.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive