By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Masters Degree

roadkillers said:

Yes, definitely be working while going for my masters.

So it's pretty much a no-brainer. You won't be missing 2 years of experience and will also get a MsC.

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
It depends on your field. For example I'm studying Chemical Engineering and it's a big advantage to have a Masters, this may not be the same for you, you should ask your establishment and find out more information.

Chemical engineering eh?.. So you know how to cook meth?

I'm just curious, of course.

It's pretty easy here in Finland. I mean, I don't have it yet, but I'm pretty close. I'm not missing much besides my master's thesis, which ought to be somewhat painful but straightforward once I figure out a topic for it.

All masters/phd's ect do is get your foot in the first door, and can start you at a higher wage.

Once you have a job, no one gives a shit about your education anymore. It's all about your performance and whether people at work like your not. If your boss likes you more than someone else and your performance is equal, you will get the promotion over him no matter how much more qualified his resume may look due to "education"

I mean think of GPA. Unless its your first job, there is no point putting GPA on your resume. They don't give a shit. When looking at job requirements it will say stuff like 5+ years experience in such and such. Doesn't care at all about whether you have a masters/phd/GPA. Only places that typically care about that are schools.

KLAMarine said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
It depends on your field. For example I'm studying Chemical Engineering and it's a big advantage to have a Masters, this may not be the same for you, you should ask your establishment and find out more information.

Our high school chem teacher says crystal meth is pretty easy to make. He hasn't told us how to do it though (for obvious reasons), but it's probably quite doable even without studying chemistry at a higher level.

He never said how he learned how to make it though...

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
KLAMarine said:

Our high school chem teacher says crystal meth is pretty easy to make. He hasn't told us how to do it though (for obvious reasons), but it's probably quite doable even without studying chemistry at a higher level.

He never said how he learned how to make it though...

Careful not to say too much. He could have been the next Heisenberg.