By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. February bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Nuvendil said:
Just to put a finer point on what I am saying, Xbone currently has just 2 SKUs in the top 100 monthly: 56 and 61. When that changes, then things get interesting. If it's more or less still that when February ends, then the odds are most definitely not in Xbox's favor.

I agree. Monthly charts is where it's at. They also represent 1 to 1 sales while the hourly has some sort of  algorithm to keep the hourly charts from fluctuating to much. 

Around the Network
duduspace1 said:
SWORDF1SH said:
I'm glad that other people see the bias in the charts and presenting their own theories.

I think bias is the wrong word in this sense which is what might be causing disagreement. It is more about understanding the various factors that influence the final outcome.

Amazon is in no way biased towards the switch more than any other console but the influence of multiple SKUs is often understated by those who comment and the use of the word bias is often from a defensive position by those who want to justify an already entrenched opinion that generally has no basis in logic, hence more of an excuse than an explanation.

But that's just another theory. I tend to think bundles out of the top 100, beyond 200th in some cases, has little impact on sales. Of course it has some impact but the real question is, is it enough to cause a bias in the top 100 if there is one .

4 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#16 NS Neon (down 1)
#25 NS Grey (down 1)
#40 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 1)
#42 XB1 Minecraft (up 5)
#45 SNES Classic (up 3)
#50 XB1X (down 4)
#57 PS4 Pro (down 2)
#75 XB1 (down 1)
#81 PSVR Skyrim (up 12)
#92 PS4 Pro Star Wars (down 16)
#94 XB1 Forza (down 12)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
Nothing at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 4 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

according to benji the insider switch aint doing so hot february, i don't put much stock in him, but it goes with switch me dominated on the gamestop and best buy charts.

quickrick said:
according to benji the insider switch aint doing so hot february, i don't put much stock in him, but it goes with switch me dominated on the gamestop and best buy charts.

He didn't say that.  He just said there is nothing indicating that Switch is doing significantly better compared to the other consoles.

Edit - The nonsense over the last few pages is embarrassing.  

Last edited by CalmFire - on 24 February 2018

Around the Network

BTW I have another observation about the charts but can we all please promise not to lose your shit. Pwetty pwease!

CalmFire said:
quickrick said:

He didn't say that.  He just said there is nothing indicating that Switch is doing significantly better compared to the other consoles.

Edit - The nonsense over the last few pages is embarrassing.  

he just replied to me saying Xbox One taking the moth is absolutely a possibility imo.

CalmFire said:
quickrick said:

Exactly, he's trying to twist Benji's words to fit his Switch failing narrative

PortisheadBiscuit said:
CalmFire said:

Exactly, he's trying to twist Benji's words to fit his Switch failing narrative

well his comment made it seem like that, ehhh when someone stated it would have a huge month, but he clarified.

XBO has a chance of beating Switch but not PS4 which is what I feel you are implying.

Benji also never said that Switch looked like it was going to lose February either.