By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. February bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

- Chart

I found Amazon Mexico !

Bayonetta 2 was already sold out.

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sv_sv-vg_9

Yeah, for the most part Bayo was at number #1 then it got sold out around the time the others did and went back in stock, again about the same time as the others, then afterwards it stayed behind Crash for a day.

I thought we already had a link to amazon Mexico though... and weren't you the one that posted it or was that Peachbuggy that i'm thinking of?

It should probably be added to the OP if it's not already.

Last edited by Shaqazooloo0 - on 16 February 2018

Around the Network
poklane said:
Every time the PS4 has stock issues I just hope that it's because Sony is on the verge of finally announcing a new bundle.

It will be. I think Sony made a mistake with the price cut last Christmas and have thought they could avoid the same problem MS have found themselves in. They took measures to compensate for the Switch and XB1X (not so much but definitely a threat) and this is the result. They clearly think the big titles would create a surge of sales when in fact they've just stopped the PS4 from falling further, rather like what happened with the XB1 initially. People wait for those price drops. It's as simple as that. Like I said before, Sony are not that stupid and there's no way they would have a price drop if there wasn't an official price drop in the offing. I just think they overestimated the affect of games like Monster Hunter on hardware sales. It's done the job in Japan but hasn't moved the needle in the US. The question is: how long do they play this hand? Other big titles are coming but momentum is everything. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Jranation said:
Kerotan said:

It's been stated many times before this thread is for all amazon charts discussion. Why do you think all the regional charts are listed in the OP ? 

Then why is no one calling out these people? Bringing in Media Create, NPD, Gamestop etc. 

Because the point of this thread is to estimate sales and the things you listed are relevant to the discussion. 

GribbleGrunger said:
poklane said:
Every time the PS4 has stock issues I just hope that it's because Sony is on the verge of finally announcing a new bundle.

It will be. I think Sony made a mistake with the price cut last Christmas and have thought they could avoid the same problem MS have found themselves in. They took measures to compensate for the Switch and XB1X (not so much but definitely a threat) and this is the result. They clearly think the big titles would create a surge of sales when in fact they've just stopped the PS4 from falling further, rather like what happened with the XB1 initially. People wait for those price drops. It's as simple as that. Like I said before, Sony are not that stupid and there's no way they would have a price drop if there wasn't an official price drop in the offing. I just think they overestimated the affect of games like Monster Hunter on hardware sales. It's done the job in Japan but hasn't moved the needle in the US. The question is: how long do they play this hand? Other big titles are coming but momentum is everything. 

When were Jan npd results announced? 

Agente42 said:
globalisateur said:
Monster Hunter world is still sold out in many stores in Japan.

Ok. But this topics about Amazon US.

Amazon US was sold out too?

No it's not.

Around the Network

17 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#13 NS Neon (down 2)
#19 NS Grey (same)
#46 SNES Classic (down 4)
#48 XB1 (down 8)
#50 PS4 Pro (same)
#58 XB1X (down 1)
#59 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 15)
#90 PS4 Pro Star Wars LE (down 11)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
Nothing at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Jranation said:
Kerotan said:

It's been stated many times before this thread is for all amazon charts discussion. Why do you think all the regional charts are listed in the OP ? 

Then why is no one calling out these people? Bringing in Media Create, NPD, Gamestop etc. 

Can we not try and suppress other sources data coming into this thread. Since we use Amazon as a prediction tool we need other data to produce a whole picture. 

Talking about other sources, can anybody post some links to Gamestop bestsellers. 

SWORDF1SH said:
Jranation said:

Can we not try and suppress other sources data coming into this thread. Since we use Amazon as a prediction tool we need other data to produce a whole picture. 

Talking about other sources, can anybody post some links to Gamestop bestsellers. 

No one is suppressing anything. Look back at the original quote. Someone was just confused when people are not discussing directly about Amazon. And I just said its fine since no one is having a problem with it. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Switch is doing ok in Amazon Mexico because it has some price cut/deal, a year ago it's price was $ 10,000 pesos right now the standard price is $ 8,500 - $ 8,999

Ps4 being crushed by switch,never saw this comming why all of a sudden it stops selling well...

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil