[XB1] 135K

For a 5 week period 

NSW -- 260K

PS4 -- 250K

XB1 -- 160K

Around the Network
palou said:
GProgrammer said:

That may be true. It does show though the Amazon was a terrible indicator last November for the USA sales numbers.

I think theres a heavy leaning towards Nintendo Products, Why? Perhaps people that buy Nintendo stuff like to shop online, I have no idea why this is

Looking at Software for Janurary 2018

1 MHW

2 Super Mario Odyssey

3 Zelda

4 Mario Kart

Will the NPD numbers show this? I'm guessing not

What concerns NPD software, one thing to consider is that NPD includes digital sales for everyone except Nintendo.

Its not going to make much of a difference with Nintendo software as their digital numbers percentage are generally far lower than the other Consoles. This has always been the case, I have no Idea why. Instinctively I would of thought being that Nintendo users are generally younger they would be more open to buying games digital and not physical look in the Old days.

GProgrammer said:
palou said:

What concerns NPD software, one thing to consider is that NPD includes digital sales for everyone except Nintendo.

Its not going to make much of a difference with Nintendo software as their digital numbers percentage are generally far lower than the other Consoles. This has always been the case, I have no Idea why. Instinctively I would of thought being that Nintendo users are generally younger they would be more open to buying games digital and not physical look in the Old days.

Nintendo HAS reported an increase in digital sales.

However, that's not important - as we are trying to measure the accuracy of Amazon, in this case. It is natural for NPD to place other developers higher than Amazon, because by adding digital sales, those developers double their sales, which is not reported by Amazon.

Or rather, it *is* reported by Amazon, seeing as PS gift-cards are consistently 1 and 2.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

[NSW] 300k

[PS4] 290K

[XB1] 205K

hmm how about 3DS ?:D

NSW 330k
PS4 320k
XO 210k

Last edited by kirby007 - on 09 February 2018

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Slarvax said:

[NSW] 240K

[PS4] 199K

[XB1] 152K

5 week correction:

[NSW] 282K

[PS4] 239K

[XB1] 172K

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

jan-18 31-dec-17 27-jan-18

thats 4 weeks actually

EDIT: unless i use the same faulty sheet

which is quite possible since i havent changed that sheet since 2012

Last edited by kirby007 - on 09 February 2018

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Switch: 285k
PS4: 215k
XBO: 180k

5 Weeks? Ok then:

Switch: 335k

PS4: 250k

XBO: 205k

Shadow1980 said:
kirby007 said:

jan-18 31-dec-17 27-jan-18

thats 4 weeks actually

EDIT: unless i use the same faulty sheet

which is quite possible since i havent changed that sheet since 2012

Yeah. The sheet is wrong. NPD is still going by the NRF's calendar, which has Jan. 2018 as the 5-week month and Jan. 2019 as the standard 4-week month. Jan. 2018 sales period ran from Dec. 31 to Feb. 3. Confirmed on ResetEra by NPD's Mat Piscitella.

which is logical otherwise we would have had the reports on the 8th of feb

Stuart23 said:

[NSW] 270k
[PS4] 235k
[XBO] 130k

Okaaaaay,new prediction for the 5 week:

[NSW] 310k

[PS4] 250k

[XBO] 145k

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138