By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA stock reaches all-time high ahead of Battlefront II loot box return

Well since we know EA is evil, they've probably just hypnotized investors into investing...

Around the Network
vivster said:
KLXVER said:

What other game gives you an advantage with loot boxes?

That's not the point. The point is that publishers already crossed the line with cosmetic lootboxes against real world money. And the fact that people are fine with that is proof of their success of bringing gambling into gaming. Pay to Win lootboxes were only the next logical step. And I am fairly certain that they will very soon become common place and will have people defending it like there are people right now who defend cosmetic lootboxes and DLC.

Remember when DLC, microtransactions and preorder bonuses were bad words? Nobody gives a shit about those anymore because we now have things far worse that are creeping their way into people's minds.

You'd rather no one took a stand at all? When EA screws up royal and gets the Internet hate train on it, other companies do pay attention. Whether or not it has an effect remains to be seen.

vivster said:
KLXVER said:

So we should never voice our opinion then? If the next step is buying a game for 60$ and then paying 5$ for every hour you play, then that's just how it goes? 

I didn't say never. I said protests should be widespread and constant and not just singular instance concentrated on a single publisher. As you can see, those have no long term effect at all. Instead we should voice our discontent constantly and at every single release every day.

As we can see, the effects are otherwise irreversible. So thanks to complacent people and fanboys we will now have to live with lootboxes forever. And it's going to get worse. Just wait until targeted match making comes around. People will completely forget about P2W lootboxes.

It doesn't matter who or what gets the ire when it's due. Doesn't matter if it's EA or not. Whether it's MS, Warners, Valve, whoever. The message has to be heard somewhere. The Battlefront method was particularly egregious, so it took the full heat.

You guys live in a completely different universe with completely different morals. Investment capitalism morality is not about ethics, it's about profits. The only morality is a black balance. The only immorality is a red balance. Since what EA is doing is good for profits, it is perfectly moral in the investment capital realm.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

The difference with Rainbow Six Siege is that it's actually a great game.  They have imorived it by leaps and bounds since launch, I dont mind paying for good work if the game stays great or gets better.  BF2 isnt any good to begin with, and they are now going to add the loot boxes back in?  Hopefully no one takes the bait.

Around the Network

A little backlash barely affects them when their game still sells close to 10M :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

vivster said:

Good for them. That will teach people not to arbitrarily single out specific publishers when the problem has been around for a long time and is actually widespread. There's no point to rebel when you're only rebelling against people's favorite punching bag.

People have accepted the existence of lootboxes already for cosmetic items and soon they'll except them for pay-to-win when the next worse thing comes around.

Yeah I remember when they took EA's linear single player games don't sell argument way out of context by talking about how games like Horizon and BOTW did well ignoring the linear portion of that line. That statement is actually very logical but gamers be like no, its EA so we will hate no matter what. Pay to win lootboxes will be accepted when Blizzard or Valve do it.