By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Far, Nintendo Switch is the Fastest Selling console of all time.

zorg1000 said:
irstupid said:

Don't you like that? To try and make the Swtich not be as big a success they add 1 month. Instead of looking at a year of data, they want 13 so that they get an extra huge holiday boost.

Comparisons should only be made for entire years, or comparing months themselves. You know November vs. November.

I imagine we will be seeing some "First 26 months" or something come next year as well so that they can grab some extra holiday numbers.

Easy there buddy, im not trying to make Switch less of a success, im a huge Nintendo fan and Switch is shaping up to be my favorite console of all time and i expect 100+ million sold lifetime.

All im doing is letting people know that its ahead launches aligned after 4 quarters but will fall behind next quarter since PS4/Wii will have their big holiday boost come into affect.

Its always hard to make direct comparisons of consoles that launch at different times of the year or have staggered launches.

Heres another way to compare

Wii 2007 shipments-16.94 million

PS4 2014 shipments-15.40 million

NSW 2017 shipments-14.86 million

Anyway you slice it Wii, PS4 & NSW are all right there next to each other.

The Wii and PS4 had a full year in 2007 and 2014, respectively. The Switch had 10 months in 2017.

B O I

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
VGPolyglot said:

If that's not true, then it's on Nintendo, not me, since they'd be the ones who fucked up.

No its on you for not understanding a simple concept that had existed since Nintendo started sharing numbers 20+ years ago.

For Nintendo, shipments to retailers are sales. They report sales to retailers.

For sales trackers like NPD, Media Create, Vgchartz a sale is when a consumer purchases a unit from a retailer.

Umm, how is that wrong? I'm saying that it is shipment numbers. The guy I was responding to said it was sold to consumers.

Last edited by VGPolyglot - on 31 January 2018

zorg1000 said:
VGPolyglot said:

If that's not true, then it's on Nintendo, not me, since they'd be the ones who fucked up.

No its on you for not understanding a simple concept that had existed since Nintendo started sharing numbers 20+ years ago.

For sales trackers like NPD, Media Create, Vgchartz a sale is when a consumer purchases a unit from a retailer.

Woah dude, VGPolyglot is saying those numbers are shipped. o.o

Barkley said:
zorg1000 said:

Woah dude, VGPolyglot is saying those numbers are shipped. o.o

Whoops 

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Can't we all just get along and be happy that the Switch is selling great? Who cares if it is or is not the best selling of all time, it has still managed to outsell WiiU lifetime sales in less than a year.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Seventizz said:
How ironic. The Switch is nintendo's best selling console, yet I find it to be their least desirable. And that's coming from a Virtual Boy owner.

Then your opinion is totally invalid!

An opinion cannot be 'invalid', btw.  I enjoyed plenty of Virtual Boy games from Mario Clash, Wario, 3D pinball, Red Alarm, to Tetris.  If I owned a Switch, I'd only own Mario Odyssey and while it looks great, I can't buy a console for one game.

I do hope nintendo keeps this up and do not get complacent.

This is sold through.
It is stated that. Both under the hardware and software. 
Not only that, they upped their projections for 31st March from 15m to 17.76m. They wouldn’t do that if they had only sold 12.17m.

many credible reporters, like Zhuge, are also saying it’s sold through. Not shipped. 

You all saying “it’s always been shipped”
So? They can’t change that?

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Paatar said:
This is sold through.
It is stated that.
Not only that, they upped their projections for 31st March from 15m to 17.76m. They wouldn’t do that if they had only sold 12.17m.

You all saying “it’s always been shipped”
So? They can’t change that? Lol

So they plan on shipping 2.9m units from December 31st to March 31st... what's the issue? Sold through has been adjusted on VGC to 13.8m.

Yet again this number (14.86m) is shipped, and no they wouldn't just change that without stating so.

teamsilent13 said:

To be fair, it’s also the best nintendo console since the N64. I did not like the gamecube or wii, and I skipped the wii U. If Metroid Prime 4 is good then I might even pick up a switch. I really only play indie games now since AAA has abandoned the types of gameplay I look for in a big budget game. It seems that Nintendo’s first party (which I consider AAA) is still going strong. I have to admit defeat as an Xbot.

We can at least be happy we all have great games to play :), there is no defeat, only successes!

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)