By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - All Switch games shown in last Nintendo Direct Mini are only winter-spring games

I can't imagine having a mini-direct where you announce ports and then you stretch them all the way to summer. So, this is good, I guess ...

On the other hand I don't think i'm a big fan of this "unique" way of holding back information about games. We should know about everything except for maybe late holiday games by now honestly. We'll see if we get a Feb. direct.

Around the Network
AnmolRed said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

The 3DS will never die. It will always live on in our hearts...

till the end of time *salute*

*Salute*

Now go. With Honor. My Friend.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I can't imagine having a mini-direct where you announce ports and then you stretch them all the way to summer. So, this is good, I guess ...

On the other hand I don't think i'm a big fan of this "unique" way of holding back information about games. We should know about everything except for maybe late holiday games by now honestly. We'll see if we get a Feb. direct.

No we shouldn't know about everything, this is way better for consumers and for Nintendo.

Miyamotoo said:

No we shouldn't know about everything, this is way better for consumers and for Nintendo.

Not really. I approve of not hyping up a game two or three years before it releases but honestly I fail to see how holding cards for the summer season is a good thing. Hell, even holding cards for the rest of the year seems obnoxious because now every time someone says they dont like the lineup youll hear "they are just holding the cards babey!!" Consider the fact that a lot of people bought the Switch off the idea that Nintendo was coming back and that wed get consistent games. Now consider why it isnt necessarily good to hold information back. 

I think I am lenient when it comes to the last quarter of the year. But I feel like we should probably know about more stuff by now. 

axumblade said:

Honestly, I'd much rather to get announcements close to the release dates than years in advance.

I agree Mr.Axumblade. But it does not have to be one(3 months notice), or the other(three years of torture). 

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

Not really. I approve of not hyping up a game two or three years before it releases but honestly I fail to see how holding cards for the summer season is a good thing. Hell, even holding cards for the rest of the year seems obnoxious because now every time someone says they dont like the lineup youll hear "they are just holding the cards babey!!" Consider the fact that a lot of people bought the Switch off the idea that Nintendo was coming back and that wed get consistent games. Now consider why it isnt necessarily good to hold information back. 

I think I am lenient when it comes to the last quarter of the year. But I feel like we should probably know about more stuff by now. 

Imagine Nintendo reveal already hole 2018. lineup in January, what exactly will be news about games in rest 11 months of 2018. year!? News about 2019. or 2020. games!? But how Nintendo managing announcements and releases with Switch totaly make sense and gave results, focus and atentione is on games that will be relased in near future, people dont wait long for new games and they constantly have some new surprises, new announcements and games that are not too far away from release, there is not need just to wait for E3. But Nintendo from Switch launch is holding back announcements and Switch is selling great, there is no reason that Nintendo show all their 2018. cards so early.

Nintendo said "Labo isn't the only new measure coming to Switch" and WSJ sadi they are also aware of unannounced peripheral devices for Switch, they probably talking about 2018. year. For instance Labo is announced only 3 months before launch.

So no, we wouldnt probably should know more staffs buy now, but we will know more staffs with next direct that will probably be in February-March (but that will again not be hole 2018. Switch lineup).

Miyamotoo said:

No, I can't imagine Nintendo revealing a hole. But I guess a hole is only a few steps away from cardboard on the weird surprises spectrum. Also, I never said anything about staffs. 

I like how I said in numerous different ways that I don't think they should reveal everything for 2018 and that we should just know about some more games from the first half of the year, and yet your leading argument is "bud wut if dey annonce alll of 2018, den wat? do dey talk 2019?! 2020? Switch 2!!???" 

I'm just saying that for me personally I think Nintendo holding information about the rest of their first half lineup is frustrating. I like having games come out in a timely fashion but I still want to know some more.Unless there's literally nothing else for the first half of 2018. 

Well, it was a mini Direct, so I'm not really surprised. It was mainly just to hold us over until their next full-fledged Direct.

Interesting that "Metroid Prime 4" is listed as a temporary title, wonder if they will change it. I imagine if it did change it'd just be Metroid Prime: Subtitle, but perhaps they'll drop the "Prime" part all together...

Also again listing pokemon as "2018 or later" so it COULD still come this year. But they're not sure yet.

No, I can't imagine Nintendo revealing a hole. But I guess a hole is only a few steps away from cardboard on the weird surprises spectrum. Also, I never said anything about staffs. 

That's the Nintendo Libido series, not the Nintendo Labo series.