By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MHW sells 1.35 million copies at launch in Japan, > 2 million with Digital; PS4 140k

Wow it is even way above my expectations.

But what do you mean with over 2 Million with digital? Is that a speculation or confirmed number? Because if so then that would mean it is the biggest MH launch even in Japan O.o

Around the Network

For real? I am ready to eat crow if so.

2m out of ~6m PS4 is >30% attach ratio, which is quite insane for any PS game.

TheGamer_1995 said:

But what do you mean with over 2 Million with digital? Is that a speculation or confirmed number? Because if so then that would mean it is the biggest MH launch even in Japan O.o

Yeah oddly enough I can't find the 2 million in the original report, maybe he thought a forum post was confirmed? 

spurgeonryan said:
Not too shabby. How much for XOne?

It's exclusive to PS4 in Japan, Sony has the publishing rights. 

That's surprising it sold so much digitally, since most games only do like 10% digital. I bet Capcom didn't ship enough so they all had to go digital, ha ha

i heard it was sold out everywhere so im not surprised digital is that high

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
TheGamer_1995 said:

Yeah oddly enough I can't find the 2 million in the original report, maybe he thought a forum post was confirmed? 

spurgeonryan said:
Not too shabby. How much for XOne?

In google translate it says, 

"Monster Hunter: World" sold 1.35 million copies in 3 days of release (first week), recording the highest number of first week sales in the software for PlayStation 4. The cumulative number of sales has also reached the first place in history. In addition, if you include the download version, it is estimated that the momentum exceeds 2 million."

sc94597 said:

"Monster Hunter: World" sold 1.35 million copies in 3 days of release (first week), recording the highest number of first week sales in the software for PlayStation 4. The cumulative number of sales has also reached the first place in history. In addition, if you include the download version, it is estimated that the momentum exceeds 2 million."

Ah, okay, thanks. I did use google translate but I guess I didn't catch that, haha!

sc94597 said:

https://gematsu.com/2018/01/monster-hunter-world-sales-top-1-35-million-first-three-days-japan

On this website it says that famitsu PREDICTS that the game will pass 2 mil if you include digital 

So maybe it wasn't such an amazing success in the West as we thought, but rather it blew up in Japan haha. I mean with a 5 million shipment + digital, and Japanese sales > 2 million in the first two days.

It's pretty crazy, actually. I wonder what it's legs will be like considering the PS4's install base.

not many of us thought it could do 2m lifetime in japan but it did just that the first week. crazy