By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Gran Blue fantasy hyped?

I see this all the time. People calling it the next big hit on ps4 in Japan. It's basically an action RPG made by platinum games. Gran blue was originally a mobile game released in 2014. It was very successful. But does it still take in big revenue today? 

What's the logic behind the ps4 game being a hit? And are people expecting 500k or are they actually expecting over a million. I need to know more about this. 

Around the Network

It's another action rpg made by Platinum. That's the only reason I need to get excited

Did you see the game footage?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

This is a NEW game in the series. Visually stunning and the combat looks fantastic. It looks like a really good game.

collint0101 said:
It's another action rpg made by Platinum. That's the only reason I need to get excited

But then surely they should expect sales in Japan maybe a bit higher then nier. In the 500k ballpark. Rather then these crazy 1m predictions. 

Nautilus said:

Yeah it looks AAA

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
This is a NEW game in the series. Visually stunning and the combat looks fantastic. It looks like a really good game.

Pretty much.

Kerotan said:
Nautilus said:

Yeah it looks AAA

This is pretty much the reason, plus Platinum being the developer

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I've heard the name once, so it must be hyped.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The mobile game has over 10mil downloads in Japan, I don’t like mobile games so I can’t tell you anything about it. I did like the anime, so give that a try if you watch anime.

I never heard about it until I saw this thread, so you are not asking why it is hyped, you are actually contributing to the hype.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’