By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Admin Will Not Implement Unanimously Passed Russian Sanctions

Should Congress Enforce The Sanctions?

Yes 15 57.69%

No 6 23.08%

They should, but won’t 4 15.38%

Will ignore it completely 0 0%

Shouldn’t, but will 1 3.85%

Total:26

Nah. But gotta keep that russian fearmongering going somehow

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

WHat?  Obama was worshipped. Trump is being allowed to prove himself with his agenda. If it doesn't come to bear, he will lose support. Kind of like it should be. So far, so good though.

Wiibaron said:

WHat?  Obama was worshipped. Trump is being allowed to prove himself with his agenda. If it doesn't come to bear, he will lose support. Kind of like it should be. So far, so good though.

hell, if he hasn't lost support by now i don't think he will

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

LurkerJ said:

I wish Russians interfered for real to balance out the socially accepted interference from the likes of Qatar. Not to mention, election results matter, Trump campaign's promises included co-operating with the Russians instead of needlessly fighting them, he's doing what Americans want

Hillary was determined to escalate with the Russians, and it was one of the reasons why she lost. 

I have realized that most of his supporters are the type of people who like to be dominated.  Mentally and sexually (from personal engagements with people I know).  They are so timidly afraid of standing up for themselves that its just easier to stand up for Trump even over themselves.   No one voted for Trump because they wanted Russia to actively and aggressively interfere with our elections.  We are all about democracy, but we don't just let you fuck us and say 'oh well that what you want let corporate with everything you want'.   Thats why our this measure had 100% approval in congress.  We don't need to ask for permission to stand up for our selves. 

Last edited by CosmicSex - on 30 January 2018

Shocker. Anyone with even a slightly functioning brain knows Trump is Putin's side bitch.

Around the Network

If it is a unanimous agreement, I think Congress would override his veto.

I'm not happy with how the poll is worded; Congress is not the executive branch and as such does not usually "enforce" the laws it passes. But the legislative branch should definitely stand up to blatant disrespect from the executive branch, and failure to carry out its obligations to carry out the policy that Congress has exercised its power to set, and do what it can to correct such a dereliction of duty.

In other words, if Trump intends to wriggle out of enforcing sanctions due to a loophole, they should close the loophole and rub his nose in it. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!