By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - [Project] [Complete] "Get all the stuff out of my gaming PC and put it somewhere else"

caffeinade said:
Can you take pictures?

Sure, but I'm not shaved. Nowhere.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
caffeinade said:
Can you take pictures?

Oh.
Well, that may, be the issue.
Maybe you ESD'd a component.

Last edited by caffeinade - on 07 February 2018

caffeinade said:
vivster said:

Oh.
Well, that may, be the issue.
Maybe you ESD'd a component.

Probably.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I swear that shit wasn't there the last time I checked.

vivster said:

Mystery solved.

Around the Network

Well, now you know why it doesn't work. What are you going to do?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Damn are all the pins bent or it's just a weird angle?

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

m0ney said:

Damn are all the pins bent or it's just a weird angle?

All of the pins are angled, this is supposed to be that way. The bent ones are the ones that don't fit the pattern.

caffeinade said:
vivster said:

Mystery solved.

JEMC said:
Well, now you know why it doesn't work. What are you going to do?

I must've gotten some important ones. Some CPUs work even with a few missing pins.

I guess I'm going to buy another board? Can't give that back since I'm pretty sure that I messed it up. Welp, never happened before so it had to happen some day.

Now I'm concerned about the CPU though. It had a few spots that I tried to clean and now the contacts are a bit smudgy under light.

vivster said:

All of the pins are angled, this is supposed to be that way. The bent ones are the ones that don't fit the pattern.

Oic. I have been with Intel since 2009.

Edit: oh it's an Intel socket, not an AMD cpu lol

Last edited by m0ney - on 07 February 2018

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.