By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - [Project] [Complete] "Get all the stuff out of my gaming PC and put it somewhere else"

Dam, hopefully you can get the system up and running soon.

Around the Network

I hope it's an easy problem that you can solve.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

All problems can be easily solved with money. I'm a bit worried though if I have to send back the mainboard. Dunno if I can find all of the parts or if I've thrown out some stuff already.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Maybe prebuilt PC would have been best solution.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

vivster said:
JEMC said:

All problems can be easily solved with money. I'm a bit worried though if I have to send back the mainboard. Dunno if I can find all of the parts or if I've thrown out some stuff already.

That sucks . I hope you can find the parts... or that the store don't give it a close look.

m0ney said:

That's what cowards do

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
m0ney said:

Wouldn't know how. I needed very specific parts. The only advantage of that would've been that it's partly already built, but I can get that service at any good PC part retailer anyway. I could've gotten most of it prebuilt and I would've definitely done it but at the time of purchase I wanted to keep my old cooler so nothing could've been prebuilt.

There is nothing you can really do to prevent broken hardware. If anything, this has taught me to never ever try to keep old parts.

Last edited by vivster - on 07 February 2018

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JEMC said:
vivster said:

That sucks . I hope you can find the parts... or that the store don't give it a close look.

The ASUS board says it even in the manual that if the mainboard is sent back without the little plastic cover for the CPU socket it won't be taken back^^

We'll see. I still have hope that I can fix it somehow or that I just made a small mistake somewhere.

vivster said:
JEMC said:

The ASUS board says it even in the manual that if the mainboard is sent back without the little plastic cover for the CPU socket it won't be taken back^^

We'll see. I still have hope that I can fix it somehow or that I just made a small mistake somewhere.

Did you bought it directly from Asus? Because a store cna have a different policy.

Also, it's very unlikely, but can it be that you know someone with a compatible board and or CPU you can "borrow" to test what's wrong?

JEMC said:
vivster said:

Did you bought it directly from Asus? Because a store cna have a different policy.

Also, it's very unlikely, but can it be that you know someone with a compatible board and or CPU you can "borrow" to test what's wrong?

I will check if there is maybe a PC repair store near me which can check it out. I'm not excluding the possibility of me doing something completely wrong.

Can you take pictures?