By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Secret of Mana Remake might come to Switch

"When we originally started to develop this title, the Switch wasn't announced at that time, and so we started developing for the PlayStation platforms," Oyamada explained. "With that said, after announcing this, there has been quite a bit of demand for the Switch version. So, we are taking in that feedback, and if there is large demand for it we'd like to see what we can potentially do. But no plans as of yet."

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/01/26/secret-of-mana-producer-comments-on-possibilities-of-switch-release-seiken-densetsu-collection-in-the-west

--

Seems like a valid reason why and explains why there's a Vita version.   To all the Nintendo fans that want this on the Switch spread your demand for this!  And hopefully they bring out a physical version for everyone and not some Gamestop exclusive only.

Til then,  I cant wait to play this next month!!

(Close if already posted)

Around the Network

If it does I will buy it again if physical.

Makes perfect snese.

...get it?

Xen said:
Makes perfect snese.

...get it?

at first I read it as 'perfect sneeze' lol

I'll buy it on PC, arf. The moment it becomes available on the switch, I'll get it there, too, arf.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

Only interested in the Seiken Densetsu collection. Remake looks like a piece of crap to me. Why should i play this if i have the original Secret of Mana?

I have no way of knowing if I want this to come to the Switch. I hate when developers make you beg for a title you know almost nothing about, release a weak game, and then expect you to buy it in droves. Just because it's a remake of a classic SNES game, and one that I have fond memories of, doesn't mean anyone working on the project can translate that to 3D.

I'd be more than happy to see a remaster of the original SNES title, though. You could even add in a fourth player just for fun.

Although, to be honest, I'd much rather have Secret of Evermore remastered.

Is it bad that I want the 16 bit version of Secret of Mana more? There is something about SNES sprites that makes me feel like the game designed to look that way. I feel the same with the the FInal Fantasy IV DS remake and the original

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
Is it bad that I want the 16 bit version of Secret of Mana more? There is something about SNES sprites that makes me feel like the game designed to look that way. I feel the same with the the FInal Fantasy IV DS remake and the original

I feel like they should've included both versions, the Remake and the original.

But im excited to try the Remake, who knows, it might surprise us all and actually work really well with the updates in the game.

Can we get Chronno Trigger HD, please SE? Do with the graphics the same thing you did to Octopath, and keep the DS gameplay, and we're set.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.