By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gameware Stops Selling Xbox Systems in Reaction to Recent Game Pass Announcement

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

Yep you can consider their decision as a bad one for you as a customer as the store have considered MS decision to be bad to them as retailers.

And MS and others digital purchase is in fact less competition since you will buy from their store only instead of all retailers.

Because common sense is the epitome of intelligence and being right.

Intelligence? lol.

And there is no right or wrong... we’re just discussing our opinions. The damn program has not even started including the new MS games yet, unless you count the DE of ReCore. It will be a good while before anyone can say what is right and what is wrong :)

sure thing.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
TheLegendaryWolf said:
Physical > Digital

Well your in the minority, PC gamers would tell you that Physical is irrelevant and growing segment of consoles gamers. Beside, All consoles gamers have some kind of digital content now a day. All DLC, every free games from Deals with Gold and Playstation Plus games.

There always going to be collector edition and some kind of physical good attached with games, but it's inevitable change that the future is digital only.  

yvanjean said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:
Physical > Digital

Well your in the minority, PC gamers would tell you that Physical is irrelevant and growing segment of consoles gamers. Beside, All consoles gamers have some kind of digital content now a day. All DLC, every free games from Deals with Gold and Playstation Plus games.

There always going to be collector edition and some kind of physical good attached with games, but it's inevitable change that the future is digital only.  

Too bad Microsoft couldn't make it happen sooner when they reneged on their original Xbox One plans... right?  If they only didn't cave into consumer preferences...

LivingMetal said:
yvanjean said:

Too bad Microsoft couldn't make it happen sooner when they reneged on their original Xbox One plans... right?  If they only didn't cave into consumer preference...

He is saying that is inevitable that MS will try it again and again until the market concede.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
LivingMetal said:

Too bad Microsoft couldn't make it happen sooner when they reneged on their original Xbox One plans... right?  If they only didn't cave into consumer preference...

He is saying that is inevitable that MS will try it again and again until the market dictates it.

Fixed it for ya. 

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
yvanjean said:

Too bad Microsoft couldn't make it happen sooner when they reneged on their original Xbox One plans... right?  If they only didn't cave into consumer preferences...

I personally think that was the biggest screw up by Microsoft closely follow by Kinect 2.0, there will always be a segment of Xbox customer that won't have access to the internet and they alienate these customers by forcing always online system. 

But, I think your wrong in saying that Microsoft hasn't made the digital only switch. It's simply up to the customer to decide right now. I have over 150 games on my Xbox one X and S and I only have 3-5 physical copies at home. Both my consoles share my games library. 

People need to realized that physical copies and second hand resell just make cost of games go up and reduce potential revenues for developers. That's why we start seeing more and more that only the core game is sold at retail and we should expect more and more DLC and extra content offered after day 1 sales. 

MS BAD........blah, blah.....🤣.

I am so glad that gaming forums and specific brick and mortar stores do not speak for consumers, otherwise you would never see a single XBox One sold instead of 30 million plus..😂🤣.

Digital is the future. Steam is a prime example. Trying to find a hard copy of a PC title outside of a Blizzard title is difficult.

MS is giving more options, not mandating them. More options for gamers is a good thing imo.

This all started due to ps+ and their instant game collection.i blame sony for this.

bananaking21 said:
Well retailers don't profit from selling Xbox one's.... Ohh wait... They do

They make about £5-10 per console, the money is more in games and accessories, so no they dont really profit really that well from a large expensive box. 

But retail is in trouble, when you look at the cost of games compared to amazon, the range and the sorry state of 2nd hand games, no wonder most gaming stores are trying to do other things.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

TheTruthHurts! said:
MS BAD........blah, blah.....🤣.

I am so glad that gaming forums and specific brick and mortar stores do not speak for consumers, otherwise you would never see a single XBox One sold instead of 30 million plus..😂🤣.

Digital is the future. Steam is a prime example. Trying to find a hard copy of a PC title outside of a Blizzard title is difficult.

MS is giving more options, not mandating them. More options for gamers is a good thing imo.

Please explain to me how making all purchases through a single channel as an end objective is giving more options?

Or do you consider Steam and another 2 or 3 services on computer as more options than all the retail stores?