By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 30 December 2017

I think quickrick may be right, at least partially.  The date of sell-through isn't specifically mentioned, but if you look at the charts of Switch vs. Wii & WiiU sales in the Policy Briefing PDF, the latest week of data for Switch is at Week 47 after launch, which would be the week ending Jan 20, 2018.  So I'd peg the sell through numbers from that date. 

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
quickrick said:

so i post 100% proof that they can list sell through numbers out side of the 9 month briefing period, and your reply is stop it, its right there in front of you, even in there PDF its clearly says as of now switch is has PASSED 13 MILLION, why would they list old sell through  from a month ago, there not a single reason  to. it's also normal to be over 2 million units shipped WW, just look at sony sell though numbers vs shipments. almost all through sell numbers are always recent, never have i seen sell through numbers that are 1 month old.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180201_2e.pdf

You clearly don't understand what Nintendo is saying in your "proof"

look at that pic, look at the very top, people have assumed that the sell though numbers are till December  31, because nintedo is not allowed to post numbers out side that period, but as you can clearly see thats not true, as mario sales were reported out side of the 6 months briefing period  for Q2, that tells sell through numbers are from recent dates as they should be

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Just stop, its as of Dec 31, 2017.

so i post 100% proof that they can list sell through numbers out side of the 9 month briefing period, and your reply is stop it, its right there in front of you, even in there PDF its clearly says as of now switch is has PASSED 13 MILLION, why would they list old sell through  from a month ago, there not a single reason  to. it's also normal to be over 2 million units shipped WW, just look at sony sell though numbers vs shipments. almost all through sell numbers are always recent, never have i seen sell through numbers that are 1 month old.

Your proof isnt proof, its your backwards way of interpreting things

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

kenjab said:

I think quickrick may be right, at least partially.  The date of sell-through isn't specifically mentioned, but if you look at the charts of Switch vs. Wii & WiiU sales in the Policy Briefing PDF, the latest week of data for Switch is at Week 47 after launch, which would be the week ending Jan 20, 2018.  So I'd peg the sell through numbers from that date. 

well that confirms it, thank you.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Just stop, its as of Dec 31, 2017.

It's says from the very beginning Nine Months Financial Results Briefing for Fiscal Year Ending March 2018 - this is at the end of December. Reflecting all numbers in the report

They arent talking about any numbers outside of this period, I know you really want to see as low numbers as possible for the Switch but you are reaching so far now it's just getting silly.

Around the Network
Mbolibombo said:
quickrick said:

It's says from the very beginning Nine Months Financial Results Briefing for Fiscal Year Ending March 2018 - this is at the end of December. Reflecting all numbers in the report

They arent talking about any numbers outside of this period, I know you really want to see as low numbers as possible for the Switch but you are reaching so far now it's just getting silly.

in there six months briefing they mentioned mario sell through numbers, as well at 7 million switch sold, that sales info was out side of the six month briefing period, plus as the other poster mentioned there chart  goes up till week 47 which is jan 20.  

There is now way sell through was at 13 million as of yesterday. That would imply that there were over 2 million consoles sitting in channels. This console is not easy to find. Calling total bs on that claim.

quickrick said:
SKMBlake said:

You clearly don't understand what Nintendo is saying in your "proof"

look at that pic, look at the very top, people have assumed that the sell though numbers are till December  31, because nintedo is not allowed to post numbers out side that period, but as you can clearly see thats not true, as mario sales were reported out side of the 6 months briefing period  for Q2, that tells sell through numbers are from recent dates as they should be

Do you realise the 6 months briefing was during the end of november with numbers from april 1st to october 31, and Super Mario Odyssey was released in october the 27th ? So basically 3 days before the 6 months and not after as you suggested it ?

Once again, your "proof" isn't one, it just confirms what everyone except you understand properly

SKMBlake said:
quickrick said:

Do you realise the 6 months briefing was during the end of november with numbers from april 1st to october 31, and Super Mario Odyssey was released in october the 27th ? So basically 3 days before the 6 months and not after as you suggested it ?

Once again, your "proof" isn't one, it just confirms what everyone except you understand properly

this is 100% incorrect, the 6 month briefing  period was till September 30.  and if what you say is correct  which its not then the 9 month briefing would be till jan 30. 

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

Those switch sales through are way over estimated, you do realize that nintendo  sale through of 13 million is as of January 30. In there Q2 briefing  they gave numbers for mario, and sold through switch numbers  that were for Q3. basically the numbers were outside of Six Months Financial Results Briefing for Fiscal Year Ending March 2018, but were still reported. so that tells us there sell through numbers are of recent dates, and be out side the period they are reporting for.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/171031_2e.pdf 

Over how many units are you fighting? 250k? 500k? More? Less?

well I just want things reported correctly.