By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mario Kart Wii - First Day Sales: 300k

Mario Kart DS
Week 1 (Japan) - 231,931
Total currently (Japan) - 3.12mil

Mario Kart Wii
First Day (Japan) - 300,000

Around the Network

mario kart is a consistent seller. Its not front loaded like say dragon quest is.

I really had it pegged higher...
It'll have the best legs of any Ninty game so far though!

I'll only believe VGchartz. Let me see what y-Koron, Ioi or the Source say about it.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Will it sell out it's first shipment on week 1?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
I'll only believe VGchartz. Let me see what y-Koron, Ioi or the Source say about it.

Ummm....did you not see my post earlier? I said that it's on the front page of VGC, in a post by y-koron...

http://vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=1007

right here

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

70% of the initial shipment ( shipment = 400K ).

First day:
Mario Kart GC 180K
Mario Kart DS 160K

First week:
Mario Kart DS: 224,411
Mario Kart SC: 261,797
Mario Kart DD: 179,230

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

tabsina said:

Mario Kart DS
Week 1 (Japan) - 231,931
Total currently (Japan) - 3.12mil

Mario Kart Wii
First Day (Japan) - 300,000

Wow, first week bigger than the MKDS's. Going to be a huge seller.

Mummelmann said:
I really had it pegged higher...
It'll have the best legs of any Ninty game so far though!

no it won't, and for that i blame wii fit

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

It will definitely sell more than GT5P... a lot more.

I even think that it will outsell the full GT5 in lifetime sales.