By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are a handful of VR users so adamant?

The_Yoda said:
SvennoJ said:
Don't worry, I'm not spending most of my game time in VR to justify my purchase.

Actually PSVR is not all that great. I made a thread about all its problems not long after I got it. Despite that, I have lost interest in most traditional games and the only non VR PS4 games I've bought last year are HZD, Nex Machina and GTS. (Wipeout Omega as well, yet waiting for the psvr patch before playing)

VR is simply a better way to experience games, better than a projector or 4K HDR set.

Mind linking me to your thread?  I want to play RE7 in VR but I could probably talk a buddy into lending me his rather than dropping my own cash on it.  PSVR was the set-up that had my interest and would like to know where you thought it fell short, sounds like all that is in your previous thread.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221398&page=-1#1
There you go.

Drift has become less of an issue, mostly because I now have he camera 2 meters in front of me on a couple boxes stacked on top of each other. It's actually sitting on top of the Far point AIM box.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
The_Yoda said:

Mind linking me to your thread?  I want to play RE7 in VR but I could probably talk a buddy into lending me his rather than dropping my own cash on it.  PSVR was the set-up that had my interest and would like to know where you thought it fell short, sounds like all that is in your previous thread.

There you go.

Drift has become less of an issue, mostly because I now have he camera 2 meters in front of me on a couple boxes stacked on top of each other. It's actually sitting on top of the Far point AIM box.

I only had drift once with one game and it happened because the room was too bright and I was too far away (3m+) from the camera. It's definitely a setup problem, not a system one.

SvennoJ said:
The_Yoda said:

There you go.

You love VR but nobody can say you aren't honest.

Errorist76 said:
SvennoJ said:

There you go.

I only had drift once with one game and it happened because the room was too bright and I was too far away (3m+) from the camera. It's definitely a setup problem, not a system one.

Whats the ideal distance then, I'd be about 1.5  to 2 meters from my camera  but with a big double window behind me (could be too much back light for daytime play?)

The_Yoda said:
Errorist76 said:

Whats the ideal distance then, I'd be about 1.5  to 2 meters from my camera  but with a big double window behind me (could be too much back light for daytime play?)

A window in general is not ideal since it’s a reflective surface. It will reflect the backlights of the headset which could indeed explain the drift. Everything between 2-3 m should be fine. Remember the closer you move the smaller the play area becomes. You definitely should always try to darken your room and windows for better tracking with PSVR.

The main reason for my headset drifting was a bright lamp in the corner of my room btw. Put it somewhere else and everything was fine.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 26 January 2018

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
The_Yoda said:

There you go.

Just finished the thread, thanks

The_Yoda said:
Errorist76 said:

He tried the same thread yesterday and it got deleted because he clearly targeted it at habam’s threads.

just as you said...and I wrote before. Why even engage in those threads when those people aren’t interested or all they want to do is talk it down?!

...it could perhaps be that I am interested? Do you believe that I am faking interest?  It kind of seems that way given your reaction to me in the other thread.

Sorry man, I just got the impression that you’re just like many of the others, who, in parts, never had tried it, with some even stating stuff like “I’ll never try it in my whole life, I know I won’t like it” or “can’t wait for this fad to finally die off”. That’s just rage enduring stuff. Sorry if I was a bit rough, especially if you’re seriously interested in VR/PSVR.

there were too many VR threads with too much nonsense in it lately. 

Errorist76 said:
The_Yoda said:

A window in general is not ideal since it’s a reflective surface. It will reflect the backlights of the headset which could indeed explain the drift. Everything between 2-3 m should be fine. Remember the closer you move the smaller the play area becomes. You definitely should always try to darken your room and windows for better tracking with PSVR.

The main reason for my headset drifting was a bright lamp in the corner of my room btw. Put it somewhere else and everything was fine.

I have curtains on the windows so the reflective part shouldn't be an issue.  That said, I no longer have the blackout curtains in those windows so I get glare on the TV during the daytime.  Probably wouldn't be that big a deal anyway, with a 2 year old running around the house I doubt I would play during the daytime much anyway.... too expensive a set-up for the kid(s) to go tripping on the cords... I won't even let the 9 and 10 year old touch my Switch after stickifying 2 of my DS4 controllers.

The_Yoda said:
Errorist76 said:

I have curtains on the windows so the reflective part shouldn't be an issue.  That said, I no longer have the blackout curtains in those windows so I get glare on the TV during the daytime.  Probably wouldn't be that big a deal anyway, with a 2 year old running around the house I doubt I would play during the daytime much anyway.... too expensive a set-up for the kid(s) to go tripping on the cords... I won't even let the 9 and 10 year old touch my Switch after stickifying 2 of my DS4 controllers.

Yeah, definitely...don’t risk that. 

Tracking generally is fine with PSVR. It has gotten better as I hear and it also seems to depend on the titles, how good the software uses or translates the information. There have been several games already where tracking issues have been patched over time.

Errorist76 said:
The_Yoda said:

...it could perhaps be that I am interested? Do you believe that I am faking interest?  It kind of seems that way given your reaction to me in the other thread.

Sorry man, I just got the impression that you’re just like many of the others, who, in parts, never had tried it, with some even stating stuff like “I’ll never try it in my whole life, I know I won’t like it” or “can’t wait for this fad to finally die off”. That’s just rage enduring stuff. Sorry if I was a bit rough, especially if you’re seriously interested in VR/PSVR.

there were too many VR threads with too much nonsense in it lately. 

No worries man I think we were experiencing some of the same frustration just coming from opposite ends of the spectrum.  Mine fromm the overtly die-hard supporters, yours from the detractors.

I think survival horror (RE7) is one of the most perfect genres for VR. Racing, if I were into it more would probably be really cool too.  Last "racing" game I played that I spent more than a few hours with (not counting Mario Karts) was Burnout 3 on the PS2 and that game was more about F'ing up the other drivers than true clean lap racing.

I hope VR catches on and sticks around I just don't like hearing outlandish claims and will question those which is probably why you had me pegged as a detractor.