By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are a handful of VR users so adamant?

halil23 said:

What if I tell you gamers that play VR are telling you the truth!

You mean "truth" as in that there are many viable quality options, and everyone has their own personal preferences base on their personal wants?

Around the Network
The_Yoda said:

There are a handful of people that are beating the VR drum so hard that they are not hearing what other people are saying. 

Thats because those critical people generally cant see past the current status of VR and their opinionshmninion is reflecting this.

Hunting Season is done...

The_Yoda said:

I am interested in VR but these people are so adamant about VR that they are almost turning me off from it.

Just to let you know, I dont think anybody here cares. You are missing out.

The people here speaking about VR obviously like it a lot. Maybe its jus our opinion , maybe not, I dont think there is any way to proof it. The thing is, we are talking about VR here to let YOU know how awesome WE think it is. So you may also expierence this form of gaming that (in our opinion) blows everything away we had before. We are just doing it to do YOU a favour. 

If you dont like it, fine. If you dont buy it, fine. I dont work for sony, nor oculus nor htc. I dont care if you enjoy vr or not. In my opinion, YOU are missing out if you dont buy VR. I own VR, I enjoy it, I play it. Im not effected by turning your on or off by VR, the only one beeing effected is YOU.

The thing is, im doing basically the same in real life as well. And if anybody is sceptical or disagree, I just invite him to play for an hour. And in EVERY case (and I did it actually some times already), every sceptical person changed his mind after expierencing it. Not everybody bought a PSVR so far (just a few dudes did), but they all still were at least impressed with the expierence.

Last edited by habam - on 25 January 2018

habam said:
The_Yoda said:

I am interested in VR but these people are so adamant about VR that they are almost turning me off from it.

Apparently, you care enough in an attempt to justify yourself... again.

LivingMetal said:
habam said:

Apparently, you care enough in an attempt to justify yourself... again.

yeah thats why im this forum. To actually talk to people. I dont care what they do or like outside of this forum.

Also there are obviously also other people reading, not just him. This is not a private message, you know.

Around the Network
sergiodaly said:
I'm sorry if I'm coming too strong but if you feel "... that they are almost turning me off from it." just from what others say online, then you sound like a weak person. There's strong/irrational fanboys everywhere, why would VR be any different?

This is not a personal attack...

No worries, not too strong. 

Key word in the phrase is almost.  Do you like being called a liar? I do not.  It is not a stretch that those negative emotions (frustration) generated by being called a liar would be associated with the thing you are being called a liar about. 

Going to the lengths of calling people liars is just beyond the level of fanboyism I am used to. 

End of the day I am not worried enough about all that to be turned off from wanting PSVR hence the use of the keyword "almost".

John2290 said:
Skit thread on Habams one? I thought we weren't allowed to do these anymore.

Hmm, it's getting easier to pin point who is lying about using VR or not, thats for sure.

Also "turning you off from it"? What a childish and hypocritical response. No one has forced you to participate in VR discussion threads.

You and I had some good discussion on the topic in other threads. You seemed to accept  just fine that VR isn't for everybody. I am interested in the experience and that's why I participated in the other threads.

Why do people keep missing the word "almost" (see more in the post above this one) How am i being hypocritical? I mean maybe I am, I just don't see it.

SvennoJ said:
Don't worry, I'm not spending most of my game time in VR to justify my purchase.

Actually PSVR is not all that great. I made a thread about all its problems not long after I got it. Despite that, I have lost interest in most traditional games and the only non VR PS4 games I've bought last year are HZD, Nex Machina and GTS. (Wipeout Omega as well, yet waiting for the psvr patch before playing)

VR is simply a better way to experience games, better than a projector or 4K HDR set.

Mind linking me to your thread?  I want to play RE7 in VR but I could probably talk a buddy into lending me his rather than dropping my own cash on it.  PSVR was the set-up that had my interest and would like to know where you thought it fell short, sounds like all that is in your previous thread.

Errorist76 said:
John2290 said:
Skit thread on Habams one? I thought we weren't allowed to do these anymore.

Hmm, it's getting easier to pin point who is lying about using VR or not, thats for sure.

Also "turning you off from it"? What a childish and hypocritical response. No one has forced you to participate in VR discussion threads.

He tried the same thread yesterday and it got deleted because he clearly targeted it at habam’s threads.

just as you said...and I wrote before. Why even engage in those threads when those people aren’t interested or all they want to do is talk it down?!

...it could perhaps be that I am interested? Do you believe that I am faking interest?  It kind of seems that way given your reaction to me in the other thread.

Sorry busy day at work and I just got around to replying (poor thread stewardship). I'll try to get back tomorrow and reply to some of the good responses that I skipped for now.