By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do so many people claim they have tried VR if they actually havnt?

habam said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Did you actually mean that as a serious argument or were you joking?

sure please tell me. You said its "better" to drive third person. So you think many people would buy a car like this right? Why isnt it done yet if its that great?

The camera is not on the back of the kart, it's a few feet away. That would be impossible to do. But since I was asking that question more to see if conversing with you was actually worth my time, I'll guess I'll be stopping here.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
habam said:

sure please tell me. You said its "better" to drive third person. So you think many people would buy a car like this right? Why isnt it done yet if its that great?

The camera is not on the back of the kart, it's a few feet away. That would be impossible to do. But since I was asking that question more to see if conversing with you was actually worth my time, I'll guess I'll be stopping here.

Sure its possible, use a stick lol

the-pi-guy said:

Seriously guys, 3rd person works great in VR.  In fact, I'd say it's legitimately better than first person VR.  

I think 3rd person works better than first person anyday.  And for the record, nothing wrong with VR, and it's another option.  You just have enough people here who lack the mentality to respect and understand those who prefer otherwise for whatever reasons.

habam said:
halil23 said:

touche

well they are obviously extremly insecure. Most have alot FOMO. By speaking bad about it they feel better while not beeing able to enjoy it.

BTW: Very good/great stuff does alsways get tons of hate from jealous people, its nothing VR special.

I never spoke bad about VR.  It's just not my preference as with many others.  If you cannot understand that, it's either lack of mental capacity or lack of respect (insecurity).  Thank for painting yourself.

LivingMetal said:
habam said:

well they are obviously extremly insecure. Most have alot FOMO. By speaking bad about it they feel better while not beeing able to enjoy it.

BTW: Very good/great stuff does alsways get tons of hate from jealous people, its nothing VR special.

I never spoke bad about VR.  It's just not my preference as with many others.  If you cannot understand that, it's either lack of mental capacity or lack of respect (insecurity).  Thank for painting yourself.

I never said you did with that comment. If you feel addresses it will obviously have a reason.

Around the Network
habam said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Exactly this. I normally can't stand FP with few exceptions. It feels more restrictive and somewhat clauterphobic to me.

so you cant stand real life? Because you know, its in first person as well. And it looks exactly like VR does.

This might be one of the dumbest posts I've read on here in a while. Dude there is a difference between reality and a game with the synapis of the human brain. FFS. People who get sick using VR don't get sick in daily life.

SegataSanshiro said:

This might be one of the dumbest posts I've read on here in a while. Dude there is a difference between reality and a game with the synapis of the human brain. FFS. People who get sick using VR don't get sick in daily life.

Do you know why people get sick in VR? Because they are moving without their body doing anything. Like standing on a hoverboard.

VR looks exactly the same as reality, but our brains get confused by it which causes motion sickness in the first time of usage.

Actually: I have heard people saying that pretending to stand on a hoverboard while playing VR (just tell it to your brain) actually helps with motion sickness. 

See here for example: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2gak13/can_virtual_locomotion_and_motion_sickness_be/

habam said:
bigtakilla said:

The battlefront vr, re7, and a batman game. Oh, and one where you shoot spiders

so you think watching a Star Wars Xwing on your TV is cooler then sitting in one?

If somebody would offer you: "Hey wanna take a flight with a real Xwing or just play some battlefront on your TV" you would say "I would love to just play battlefront on my tv!"?

Well let's face the reality of aside from looking like you were in an xwing, the experience was very limited. It never felt like I was sitting in one. If you're saying it's anything like actually sitting I one you are vastly overselling the experience.

habam said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Do you know why people get sick in VR? Because they are moving without their body doing anything. Like standing on a hoverboard.

VR looks exactly the same as reality, but our brains get confused by it which causes motion sickness in the first time of usage.

Actually: I have heard people saying that pretending to stand on a hoverboard while playing VR (just tell it to your brain) actually helps with motion sickness. 

See here for example: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2gak13/can_virtual_locomotion_and_motion_sickness_be/

Christ shut up. I'm now convinced this is an alt account that is well starts with the letter T and ends with ING. There is an R and an O and a couple of Ls in there as well.  It's the only thing that makes these stupid posts of yours any sense. if it's as good as reality then do us a favor. Become Lt. Barkley and go live there away from the sane world.

bigtakilla said:

Well let's face the reality of aside from looking like you were in an xwing, the experience was very limited. It never felt like I was sitting in one. If you're saying it's anything like actually sitting I one you are vastly overselling the experience.

If thats the case and it didnt felt like it, something was wrong for you. it actually feels exactly like that. Maybe your IPD wasnt set? Or you just played in cinematic mode? Maybe you lied about playing it and just watched a 360 degree video of an Xwing Flight on Youtube ? (because those are actualyl shit)

I also heard a small % of people arnt capable to see VR correctly, maybe your one of the unfortunates.

If you just do a quick google for "Xwing VR Impressions" you can find dozens of people saying that it feels like sitting in a cockpit of a xwing.

Some examples:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/5gts61/star_wars_rogue_one_vr_mission/

http://battlefront.wikia.com/wiki/File:X-WING_VR_MISSION!_-_Star_Wars_Battlefront_Rogue_One_FULL_GAMEPLAY_%2B_IMPRESSIONS!_PS4