By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony figurines are finally happening!

pokoko said:
KLAMarine said:
Girls from Gravity Rush?

I just put it back into my pants and then you post this, ugh.

..fine.

Around the Network
Xen said:

..fine.

Why even bother putting it away at all when you know you're on the internet?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Xen said:

..fine.

I was reading some disappointing financial news prior to this, and it "deflated"

Xen said:
vivster said:

I was reading some disappointing financial news prior to this, and it "deflated"

You didn't look at the correct "bears" then.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

pokoko said:
KLAMarine said:
Girls from Gravity Rush?

That looks expensive.

Around the Network

Will there be a buff Yoshida "Shu" Shuhei action figure? One that can talk... when you press a button he says different things... like..

"Take that, Microsoft!"

"Team Playstation is best!"

"Get behind me Nintendo-chan, i will protect you!"

"Dont underestimate the Power of Playstation!"

Hunting Season is done...

They may not be ripping off Nintendo, cause Nintendo didn't create NFC figurines or figurines (these are not NFC), but they do appear to be ripping off the packaging.

These sitting up on a shelf next to Amiibo's in a store would look like they are Amiibo's. Much more than any other figurine, skylanders, tmnt, ect.

Could totally see a parent or someone not informed thinking they are the same.

Reminds me of the B-rank movies that release some dvd that looks like a blockbuster and has a very similar name to that same blockbuster.

such as this here.

Sony, or whoever is in charge of this, is clearly trying to capitalize on Amiibo's popularity. See below hanging on store shelf and tell me you would not think they are the same.

compared to this packaging of TMNT or sklanders

OTBWY said:
Persona 5 characters. That's money.

yes, the best videogame-characters last year <3

KazumaKiryu said:
OTBWY said:
Persona 5 characters. That's money.

yes, the best videogame-characters last year <3

Disagree with that statement, since my favorite characters from last year are from BotW and Xenoblade 2, but from a market perspective, I think cheap persona figurines would sell very well.

Even if they are non NFC I wouldn't call them toys, but figurines or collectibles for those interested in that.
Honestly I have been tempted to buy Amiibos just as a collectible to decorate. Their NFC capabilities do not interest me even though I have the NEW 3DSXL. But Nintendo being what they are, the one I cared to buy (Golden Mario) is too rare and therefore the prices are jacked up and I will not pay a cent over the normal price so I'm doing without Amiibos. but I might decide for one or two of these Sony figurines, should they catch my fancy and be available in Europe and should the price be reasonable too.

Considering how successful the PS4 is in Europe, I can't imagine these figurines not coming over here.