By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Labo-ratory: VGC OFFICIAL Labo Thread (Vehicle Kit out now)

Could see my four year old loving this, especially colour it all in. If it comes with a shooting game my 9 year old will love it too. I can definately see some daddy children bonding time. Good job nintendo. From a parents perspective this looks brilliant. Arts and Crafts ( something im always trying to get my kida to do) and Video games ( something my kids always want to do) perfect Win Win. Of course if youdont have kids its probably not for you but then neither is baby Gap.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
I don't think this will sell well. Do buyers get warranty if it breaks?

Apparently they will replace the cardboard kits for free.

FloatingWaffles said:

you gotta wonder if the people who think that Nintendo is gonna sell just the cardboard and not even include the game for $70 are either legitimately dumb enough to think that (when it literally shows in the picture for it that it does include the game) or they know it's not true and are just trying to say that to try to downplay what it actually is

I'm still trying to figure out how the Pro controller at 70$ is too expensive. 

irstupid said:
deskpro2k3 said:
I don't think this will sell well. Do buyers get warranty if it breaks?

Apparently they will replace the cardboard kits for free.

Wow, that appears to be true. Seems like it would be and ongoing, expensive hassle for them to do that, but kudos to them.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Everyone is saying this is only for kids but honestly the robot game looks cooler to me than a lot of games coming to the Switch already .... It kind of reminds me of Lego. Lego is "for kids" but my uncle built Star Wars legos all the time as an adult. He didn't even stop until he had a kid ironically. I don't think this will have the exact same crossover appeal that Legos have, certainly the adult ratio will be smaller compared to Lego's. But still I can imagine some people building and buying these as adults, as long as they have enough application.

Around the Network

For those unaware. Nintendo will provide free design pattern replacements online. So you can also buy the game digitally and home make all the pieces needed with cheap cardboard/plastic/bands/etc.  Probably will save a few $$ if you are crafty enough.

"IGN France confirmed that Labo Kits won’t actually be required to play Labo games, the cartridge or download will be all that you need. Cardboard design patterns for the various games will freely be provided online, meaning that you can replace or build parts with just about any material, provided you’re crafty enough. Here’s what was said by Nintendo:"

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/01/nintendo_will_freely_provide_cardboard_design_patterns_for_labo

Last edited by shoichi - on 18 January 2018

Looks amazing.
The entire video was in awe asking "how did they do that?!"

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

This is a really neat idea and a pretty impressive display of what the JoyCons are truly capable of.

BUT... it is a little pricey for the younger arts & crafts set. Yes I know it includes the software, but c'mon.. those games are nowhere near the standard $60 MSRP in terms of value. This is the equivalent of Wii Play which was a $10 game that was packaged with a Wiimote and sold for $50 at retail.

Also.. do you really want a $300 machine in the hands of the age range of kids that this is targeted at? Look for an increase in repair incidents for the Switch once Labo is launched. It's the Wiimote without the straps all over again!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Everyone is saying this is only for kids but honestly the robot game looks cooler to me than a lot of games coming to the Switch already .... It kind of reminds me of Lego. Lego is "for kids" but my uncle built Star Wars legos all the time as an adult. He didn't even stop until he had a kid ironically. I don't think this will have the exact same crossover appeal that Legos have, certainly the adult ratio will be smaller compared to Lego's. But still I can imagine some people building and buying these as adults, as long as they have enough application.

Heck, I'm 29 and that Labo robot game might be the only Switch game I purchase in the first half of this year.

I don't know that I'd use it, but I gotta say that Labo looked brilliant. I would have been all about this as a kid.

Heck, if that camera indicates a new Pokemon Snap might be on the way I may make one after all :D