By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Nintendo Switch sold over 110k units in December for South Korea

killeryoshis said: 

Monster Hunter XX

What the hell Capcom? SK gets a localization but no English localization? 

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
killeryoshis said: 

Monster Hunter XX

What the hell Capcom? SK gets a localization but no English localization? 

I dont think its translated to Korean though

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Only DS, Wii and PS2 managed to sell over a million consoles in SK. 

Do we know how much over a million? Because with 110,000 in a month, looks pretty guaranteed Switch will sell at least over one million there, maybe 2/3 million?

The sources can be variable, but I don't think they are false.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8657366

Check them in the post. The source also has it's real source.

Wii did 35k first month. DS regularly sold 100k a month. Not sure where to find the Wii >1m source that he says, but I would not doubt it with its progress at the time.

More good news for Nintendo.

Farsala said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Do we know how much over a million? Because with 110,000 in a month, looks pretty guaranteed Switch will sell at least over one million there, maybe 2/3 million?

Wii did 35k first month. DS regularly sold 100k a month. Not sure where to find the Wii >1m source that he says, but I would not doubt it with its progress at the time.

thanks man, that said, PS4/XB1 launch surely looks weird.

So, the Switch sold 30.000 first day, while PS4 only 440 and XB1 failed to reach 200?

Plus Wii first month was 35k, it looks like PS4/XB1 did terrible in South Korea, if i can understand XB1, it surely sound strange for PS4. Do we know the most recent PS4 numbers?

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Farsala said:

So, the Switch sold 30.000 first day, while PS4 only 440 and XB1 failed to reach 200?

Plus Wii first month was 35k, it looks like PS4/XB1 did terrible in South Korea, if i can understand XB1, it surely sound strange for PS4. Do we know the most recent PS4 numbers?

That was only launch events. I think Zhugeex tweeted a long time ago that some PS4 games surpassed 100k in SK, so it it unlikely that it flopped.

Not much other sources to go off on so far that I can find.

Farsala said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

That was only launch events. I think Zhugeex tweeted a long time ago that some PS4 games surpassed 100k in SK, so it it unlikely that it flopped.

According to him many games sells over 100k right now, so of course hardware wise PS4 must be well over 100k, i just find incredible strage a launch like that...

Ryng_Tolu said:
Farsala said:

According to him many games sells over 100k right now, so of course hardware wise PS4 must be well over 100k, i just find incredible strage a launch like that...

I mean it was like a single mall in a single city. Countrywide day 1 should be much bigger, but we simply don't have the numbers.

Farsala said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

I mean it was like a single mall in a single city. Countrywide day 1 should be much bigger, but we simply don't have the numbers.

ooooooooooooh i totally misread that then lol.

Ok it makes way more sense now

Wyrdness said:
Insidb said:

Given SK's prominence in the gaming world, I would have expected them be higher on the launch priority list.

Their prominence is mainly in PC gaming not consoles, PC gaming being on an open platform has many advantages in places like Korea unlike consoles and portables.

Excellent point: this is definitely related to SK being the SC capital of the world.