By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Nintendo Switch sold over 110k units in December for South Korea

How can we say these are good (or bad) figures? What are we comparing these figures against?

I am pretty sure these sales are good but how good?

Around the Network

Sounds good. Now when is that MOBA game coming out? We need updates on it.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

justinian said:
How can we say these are good (or bad) figures? What are we comparing these figures against?

I am pretty sure these sales are good but how good?

Personal record for Nintendo

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

GhaudePhaede010 said:
Insidb said:
It just launched there!?

Why does Korea draw the short stick?

Korea getting the short stick? It still has not launched in China yet. Localization and working with Korean government are the two biggest reasons for the delayed launch.

This is an amazing start for Nintendo and Switch considering lines were absurd to illegally import Switch months ago. I honestly figured the console would have a slower start because the people that wanted it probably already imported it. I was happily mistaken.

Given SK's prominence in the gaming world, I would have expected them be higher on the launch priority list.

Insidb said:
GhaudePhaede010 said:

Korea getting the short stick? It still has not launched in China yet. Localization and working with Korean government are the two biggest reasons for the delayed launch.

This is an amazing start for Nintendo and Switch considering lines were absurd to illegally import Switch months ago. I honestly figured the console would have a slower start because the people that wanted it probably already imported it. I was happily mistaken.

Given SK's prominence in the gaming world, I would have expected them be higher on the launch priority list.

Their prominence is mainly in PC gaming not consoles, PC gaming being on an open platform has many advantages in places like Korea unlike consoles and portables.

Around the Network
Insidb said:
GhaudePhaede010 said:

Only DS, Wii and PS2 managed to sell over a million consoles in SK. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
Insidb said:

Only DS, Wii and PS2 managed to sell over a million consoles in SK. 

Do we know how much over a million? Because with 110,000 in a month, looks pretty guaranteed Switch will sell at least over one million there, maybe 2/3 million?

Off to a good start, so that's great to see

Really wonder if they will launch the Switch in China, and if so, when..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

These are the launch  titles:
Super Mario Odyssey
1-2-Switch
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Disgaea 5
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap
NBA 2K18
Puyo Puyo Tetris S
Sonic Forces
Fate/EXTELLA
Super Bomberman R
Monster Hunter XX
Ultra Street Fighter II The Final Challengers
Biohazard (Resident Evil) Revelations

This is a really good launch. I am happy we did not get these titles all at the same time. That is too many good titles! It is no wonder that the Switch is doing well.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Sounds like it's not so bad considering the area. Hoping the sales get even better over there. There's already a good amount of games to play from the get go.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread