By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Monster Hunter World will be the best selling MH of all time

How many units will Monster Hunter World sell lifetime?

3 Mio 17 20.73%

4 Mio 20 24.39%

5 Mio 11 13.41%

6 Mio 8 9.76%

7 Mio 5 6.10%

8 Mio 5 6.10%

9 Mio 1 1.22%

over 10 Mio 15 18.29%

Total:82
Roterfan said:
Ultr said:

after 50-60h you will not have seen anything.

Monster Hunter games have an average playtime of about 300-600 hours.

after i playing the Beta for around 5 hours i think it !!

8 mio + is a lock :)

Awesome man!!

played some more over the weekend, It was so great! cant wait till friday!!

Around the Network
Ultr said:
Roterfan said:

after i playing the Beta for around 5 hours i think it !!

8 mio + is a lock :)

Awesome man!!

Yeah i play with two friends 3 hours to defeat Nergigante and it was awesome !!

Metroid33slayer said:
3.5million on PS4 alone is realistic.

Fixed.

Roterfan said:
Ultr said:

Awesome man!!

Yeah i play with two friends 3 hours to defeat Nergigante and it was awesome !!

Me too man, adrenalin was pumping^^

Wow the OP...
Why oh why would it do such numbers on the PS4?

Around the Network

This game is gonna spread like crazy.
I would not be surprised if it actually gets to 10mil

MH3U on the wii U is still very active.

As has been noted (AND IGNORED) multiple times on this thread, In japan people love playing MH socially, at internet cafes and meeting friends etc, the reason switch sells so well in japan is because this is now facilitated better than ever before. MH just isnt a sit at home on your own sort of game there, they love handheld culture which is why MH has always been on handhelds.

MH:W Is fun, i have played the beta, and i preordered it ages ago, i cant wait to get in to it.. But expecting it to surpass games like horizon which had such immense hype is just crazy, even if it is a superior game

Well OP it seems like a crazy prediction but i hope it comes true, i will do my part on the 26th.

I can see this game being the most popular Monster Hunter game in the West, and combined even with modest Japanese numbers I can see a minimum of 6 million sales world wide life time. I am curious as to what the impact will be in Japan. I see two possibilities for it in Japan:

(1) Sales will be high but lower than its portable counterparts as the Japanese will prefer to play the series on portables; it will create a temporary boost for PS4 hardware.

OR

(2) The game will be such a hit that it will dramatically drive up PS4 adoption (potentially even at the expense of the current big portable like Switch; resulting in PS4 becoming the dominant system and Switch's momentum dropping), resulting in a change in the current portable versus stationary console trends in Japan with PS4's momentum overtaking Switch.

The second potential is very bold for a single game to achieve (though PS4 does have a significant Japanese oriented backlog, with Monster Hunter World servings the trigger to get people to buy the console and dip into that backlog), however, Monster Hunter has been a major installbase builder in Japan. It was one of the factors that helped build the massive install bases for PSP and 3DS (and by extension, its exclusion resulted in Vita struggling). It is worth noting that the last original (non-port) game to come to a stationary system was on the PS2 and the series did not do particularly well there, but that may not be a fair point of comparison since the series now is much larger than it was then and hence a more powerful sales driver (case and point, a port of Tri on Wii managed to sell 1 million units; Worlds is a totally new game and the biggest evolution in the franchise hence its potential is much higher).

estebxx said:
Well OP it seems like a crazy prediction but i hope it comes true, i will do my part on the 26th.

Thanks dude, iam still schocked that 30 people votet for 3-4 mio ltd.

Monster Hunter is on #1 spot around the World on Amazon. The hype is so real.

My prediction for the first week 2.5 mio becomes true :)