By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Monster Hunter World will be the best selling MH of all time

How many units will Monster Hunter World sell lifetime?

3 Mio 17 20.73%

4 Mio 20 24.39%

5 Mio 11 13.41%

6 Mio 8 9.76%

7 Mio 5 6.10%

8 Mio 5 6.10%

9 Mio 1 1.22%

over 10 Mio 15 18.29%

Total:82

Take Famitsu with a grain of salt, but its review revealed some nice details (initially found on ERA):

•  50-60 hours to reach the ending. Lots of replay value after that.
  •  Massive increase in the feeling of presence, and lots of QoL changes make it a more comfortable experience. Truly worthy of being called the next generation Monster Hunter.
  •  The seamless areas keep you in the action, without an interruptions.
  •  The pacing of the action has also been increased.
  •  A wide range of information, from weapon trees to monster weakpoints and parts that can be broken can now all be checked in-game, making it much easier even for new players to start the game.
  •  Scoutflies are revolutionary.
  •  The areas spread out in all directions, there's always more things to find or see.
  •  The story has a strong, solid through line.
  •  Definitely a game for cat lovers.
  •  It also includes systems that series' fans can dig down deeper into.

Around the Network

Japan alone will get PS4 at or around 2M. No way PS4 does 2M overall.

CalmFire said:
Japan alone will get PS4 at or around 2M. No way PS4 does 2M overall.

Considering that this MH is said to cater to western gamers, I am not so sure of that.  To them, it might be MH in name only.  /s

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

With it being on 3 different platforms, it does certainly seem possible.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Kyuu said:
Shiken said:

Considering that this MH is said to cater to western gamers, I am not so sure of that.  To them, it might be MH in name only.  /s

Eh, Japanese reactions have been extremely positive right from the announcement. How much you think it'll sell there?

You missed the /s at the end of my post.

Ummmm I will say about 1 mil in japan alone on the low end, 1.5 mil on the high.  I suspect that it being on home console only will affect sales over there.  Japan is pretty much a handheld nation, and even though the PS4 is doing well, it still has a ways to go to catch the 3DS.

On that note, Monster Hunter sales have been on somewhat of a decline despite having a bigger install base in Japan than the PS4.  With that in mind, I think 1 to 1.5 falls right into the trend being set over there.  I do not think it will perform as well in the west as many people are hoping though.

Like I said, it will not flop.  But it will likely underperform WW and fail to reach the usual Japanese sales potential that the series normally has.

Last edited by Shiken - on 16 January 2018

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
ZODIARKrebirth said:
Roterfan said:

Current Amazon Rankings:
Germany #6
United Kingdom #2
USA #4
Spain #34
Canada #4
Japan #1
Italy #3
France #5

interesting, but what about spain...

Apparently if you buy on amazon Spain you get it a few days after release. That surely explains the lacklustre performance. 

Aura7541 said:

Take Famitsu with a grain of salt, but its review revealed some nice details (initially found on ERA):

•  Massive increase in the feeling of presence, and lots of QoL changes make it a more comfortable experience. Truly worthy of being called the next generation Monster Hunter.
  •  A wide range of information, from weapon trees to monster weakpoints and parts that can be broken can now all be checked in-game, making it much easier even for new players to start the game.
  •  The areas spread out in all directions, there's always more things to find or see.

Excellent news. This will only boost pre orders and hype further in Japan. 

Aura7541 said:

very nice but 50-60 hours is not much

Roterfan said:
Aura7541 said:

after 50-60h you will not have seen anything.

Monster Hunter games have an average playtime of about 300-600 hours.

Ultr said:
Roterfan said:

after 50-60h you will not have seen anything.

Monster Hunter games have an average playtime of about 300-600 hours.

after i playing the Beta for around 5 hours i think it !!

8 mio + is a lock :)

Wow six people think over 10 mio