By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Monster Hunter World will be the best selling MH of all time

How many units will Monster Hunter World sell lifetime?

3 Mio 17 20.73%

4 Mio 20 24.39%

5 Mio 11 13.41%

6 Mio 8 9.76%

7 Mio 5 6.10%

8 Mio 5 6.10%

9 Mio 1 1.22%

over 10 Mio 15 18.29%

Total:82
Pillertriller said:
Flilix said:

It's possible if it turns out to be a surprise hit in the west, but I think that will depend quite a lot on how good the game is. In Japan, the PS4 userbase is too small for it too become a huge success.

With the launch of MH, the PS4 should manage to get 6 million owners in Japan. So when every 3rd person will buy MH there, and i am sure they will, means they sell 2 millions in japan alone. And this would be a huge success for a console game in japan

It could be possible for MHW to be just the second 2 million seller in Japan in years after Splatoon 2.

Around the Network

I'm thinking 2 million on PS4, less than 500k on xb1 and PC is the wild card. Either way I kinda doubt it will beat mh4

collint0101 said:
I'm thinking 2 million on PS4, less than 500k on xb1 and PC is the wild card. Either way I kinda doubt it will beat mh4

2 million on PS4? 2 million will sell MH in japan alone

Roterfan said:
collint0101 said:

2 million on PS4? 2 million will sell MH in japan alone

I honestly really doubt that. Part of why it sold so well in Japan is because it was a portable franchise. I don't think the Japanese are going to support a PS4 release as much as they would support a 3ds or switch game especially after dragon quest 11 didn't really set the sales charts on fire on PS4. 

Currently psp game holds the record for best seller in the series. However I do think the ps4 version will beat it. 5m+ my prediction.

Xbox version will be lucky to sell a million. Who knows with pc, that version is late.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
caffeinade said:

PC players really want a MH title.
This is their chance.

3+ million

4th chance.  They've had 3 MH titles already.

But this is the first real title.
And none of the other titles ever came to the west.

Roterfan said:

Current Amazon Rankings:
Germany #6
United Kingdom #2
USA #4
Spain #34
Canada #4
Japan #1
Italy #3
France #5

interesting, but what about spain...

It’ll definitely be the best selling MH on PS4. I am not sure if expectations above 4-5 million for all are realistic though. Sure, it’s a hugely popular franchise and it will surely sell many PS4s in Japan, but will it be as popular as on DS etc.?! I somehow doubt it.

2 mil PS4
.5 mil XB1
.5 mil PC

Calling it now. It won't flop, but it will fail to meet expectations.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

double post

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261