By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you like Dark Souls and are a multiconsole owner with a Switch, portability or 60fps?

AlfredoTurkey said:
TallSilhouette said:

...Just the opposite, dude. I'm 99% sure he's using 'play better' in the measurable, objective, performance context. A more responsive game plays better much like a higher fidelity video 'watches' better.

He's not. He just said (above you) that because a game is smoother, it's better. No, it's not better... it's smoother. There's a difference. Just like your example of higher fidelity video "watches" better. No, it doesn't. It "watches" more CLEARLY though... which you may subjectively enjoy watching more. 

The point is, frame rates improve motion which you may find makes a game play better but other people may find the opposite true. For instance, I think OOT plays worse with a higher frame rate because it changes the "feel" and movement of the game. I think the original game played better. That's my subjective opinion.

...No, he said nothing about the game itself being better or worse because of its frame rate; he said the game plays better at higher frame rates - as in, the quality of your interaction with the game. There's a difference. Your ability to interact with a game improves when there is less latency between your action (pressing a button/moving a stick) and your character's (jumping, blocking, etc). If you think that's subjective and believe some people actually prefer less responsive controls who know any better, I really don't know what to tell you...

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

He's not. He just said (above you) that because a game is smoother, it's better. No, it's not better... it's smoother. There's a difference. Just like your example of higher fidelity video "watches" better. No, it doesn't. It "watches" more CLEARLY though... which you may subjectively enjoy watching more. 

The point is, frame rates improve motion which you may find makes a game play better but other people may find the opposite true. For instance, I think OOT plays worse with a higher frame rate because it changes the "feel" and movement of the game. I think the original game played better. That's my subjective opinion.

...No, he said nothing about the game itself being better or worse because of its frame rate; he said the game plays better at higher frame rates - as in, the quality of your interaction with the game. There's a difference. Your ability to interact with a game improves when there is less latency between your action (pressing a button/moving a stick) and your character's (jumping, blocking, etc). If you think that's subjective and believe some people actually prefer less responsive controls who know any better, I really don't know what to tell you...

Exactly.

Funny how people feels 60fps as something truly necessary for Dark Souls after playing the Dark Sould Trilogy, Demon Souls and Bloodborne at 30fps with dips on consoles without ever complaining about it.

A game can have higly responsive cpntrols without being 60fps, Dark Souls was the best proof for that, even when it went down to 25fps it was still quite responsive, so I think portability adds more to the game than the improved framerate, but of course I would like to have both advantages.

60fps.
Dont care about 4k. Just give me 1080p 60fps and Im happy.
Also playing in 720p 30fps will be just like on PS3 which I already did.

quickrick said:

60fps also means less input lag, more responsive controls. i honestly don't see how anyone can prefer 30fps over 60fps, its just a huge downgrade and feels like the game is chugging  30fps is playable, but playing the same game at 60fps, then changing to 30fps, you can feel the huge downgrade right away.

I honestly don't see any difference.

Around the Network

Played all Souls games since Demon’s Souls (except DS1) on PlayStation consoles at/below 30fps, so it won’t bother me.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Flilix said:
quickrick said:

60fps also means less input lag, more responsive controls. i honestly don't see how anyone can prefer 30fps over 60fps, its just a huge downgrade and feels like the game is chugging  30fps is playable, but playing the same game at 60fps, then changing to 30fps, you can feel the huge downgrade right away.

Does your Youtube video run at 1080p 60fps, arf? 

Your quality setting should be at 1080p60 or something like that, arf. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

60fps over resolution
60fps over graphics
60fps over portability

There are few exceptions to this.

Peh said:
Flilix said:

Still looks exactly the same.

Flilix said:
Peh said:

Still looks exactly the same.

If you're focusing on the car that would be the problem, as that's the element that moves the least around the screen. The track, tree's etc, is jerky as hell at 30fps compared to 60fps.