By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you like Dark Souls and are a multiconsole owner with a Switch, portability or 60fps?

Switch for me, handheld is amazing

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Enjoy playing Dark Souls on your Vita then. 

I know I will. Remote Play has never let me down before.

Vita doesn't even have enough buttons to play most PS4 games adequately, not to mention that most places in the world don't have free wi-fi and if you're playing at home you might as well just play it on your TV.

Not to mention all the issues streaming has. There's a reason why the Vita and this feature hasn't taken off. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

PS4, to be fair I wouldn't play this portable at all. I mostly enjoy souls games online, I find the offline experience much less enjoyable. That and my brother (aka souls buddy) is getting the ps4 version. PVP madness :P

multiplats = ps4....

jrpg or level up system = portability... need to grind on my lunch break :P

so yeah I will be torn... does Dark Souls need a lot of grinding?

I wonder if this will have a pause button on Switch. Not being able to pause a start and stop game on the go would be pretty problematic. Maybe in the offline mode.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:
I wonder if this will have a pause button on Switch. Not being able to pause a start and stop game on the go would be pretty problematic. Maybe in the offline mode.

All switch games auto pause when accessing the system menu, and will start instantly once you go back into the game, it's a Switch feature, excellent for long playthroughs   

Alkibiádēs said:
Azuren said:

I know I will. Remote Play has never let me down before.

Vita doesn't even have enough buttons to play most PS4 games adequately, not to mention that most places in the world don't have free wi-fi and if you're playing at home you might as well just play it on your TV.

Not to mention all the issues streaming has. There's a reason why the Vita and this feature hasn't taken off. 

https://www.dualshockers.com/clever-ps-vita-accessory-that-adds-l2r2-and-l3r3-triggers-for-ps4-remote-play-announced-by-hori/

And as I've said, I've never had an issue with Remote Play. In fact, roughly 30% of my Platinum for Scholar of the First Sin was earned on the Vita via Remote Play. The most usage it's had is while I'm visiting family (roughly an hour away, and it's frequent enough that bringing my PS4 each time would be a hassle).

Also not stating that Remote Play on Vita would be better than standard play on Switch. But for those out there who adamantly refuse to buy Nintendo, portability isn't going to be a feature they necessarily have to forgo.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Mnementh said:
thepurplewalrus said:

For me I value both portability of the Switch and the 60fps of the PS4 (my primary gaming platform) equally. What will probably make me buy the PS4 version, however, is the online. You see, a lot of people on the Switch will probably be new to Dark Souls and won't be as skilled, making the online aspect way less enjoyable than they would be on a platform that already has an established audience.

Less skilled community means - more blood puddles that show me dangers ahead. And less skilled red phantoms. Both sound like wins.

Getting utterly destroyed by a red phantom that's infinitely better than you are is part of the Dark Souls experience lol.

Honestly I'm curious to see how the Switch actually performs frame-rate-wise. I wonder if there's enough overhead on the Switch for such a boost in pixel count from the PS3/ X360 and a version of Blighttown that isn't 10 FPS. Unless From Software has done serious optimizations, I have a feeling the Switch will have some performance issues.

60fps or 30fps. I wouldn't really be interested in the Switch version. Portability is not a selling point to me. Exclusive RPGs is the selling point to me for the Switch.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.