By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BotW DLC - Did you like it?

What is your opinion of the entirety of BotW DLC?

Perfect! 1 2.08%

Very good 4 8.33%

Good enough 11 22.92%

meh... 9 18.75%

Dissappointing 6 12.50%

Give me my money back! 3 6.25%

See Results 14 29.17%

Total:48

I waited until the second DLC drop before buying the "season pass".  So, I played them both at the same time.  

I was very much looking forward to getting back into Breath of the Wild.  But, the DLC just hasn't done it for me.  I think the biggest let down was the lack of any real story.  I was under the impression that we would get something story-wise in the second DLC.  And, while we did get some new quests, I don't see any real, coherent story that spans beyond each single quest.  

I do think the Hero's Path addition was cool.  I don't think it should have been locked behind a paywall though.  It allows me to see some very large chunks of the map that I never visited.  So, I've gone to some and found some new shrines.  That's been a little bit of fun.  

Anyway, I'm not impressed.  I guess for $20 total, its not too bad.  But, I feel like Nintendo took one of the best games ever made, and finished its life with mediocre content.  Not a good look, IMO.  

What did you think?

Around the Network

Worth the $20 but just barely. Could have easily been free in an update.

I started a 2nd playthrough once I got the DLC (on December). Master mode has slowed me down, but so far so good. I still need to get the Master Sword for the trials, only finished 2 Divine Beasts so can't start the newest DLC, and haven't found any Gold monsters. So I'm not the best to person ask yet

I do like the enemies on flying platforms a lot.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

VAMatt said:

I waited until the second DLC drop before buying the "season pass".  So, I played them both at the same time.  

I was very much looking forward to getting back into Breath of the Wild.  But, the DLC just hasn't done it for me.  I think the biggest let down was the lack of any real story.  I was under the impression that we would get something story-wise in the second DLC.  And, while we did get some new quests, I don't see any real, coherent story that spans beyond each single quest.  

I do think the Hero's Path addition was cool.  I don't think it should have been locked behind a paywall though.  It allows me to see some very large chunks of the map that I never visited.  So, I've gone to some and found some new shrines.  That's been a little bit of fun.  

Anyway, I'm not impressed.  I guess for $20 total, its not too bad.  But, I feel like Nintendo took one of the best games ever made, and finished its life with mediocre content.  Not a good look, IMO.  

What did you think?

I should add - I have not completed all of the new content.  I'm not sure if I ever will, as it just hasn't pulled my back in.  I basically have to force myself to sit down and play.  And, really, that's the crux of the problem - it just isn't very compelling content.  

Honestly I think Master Mode adds the most to the game. Once you are forced to use BotW's full features in a fight it gets to be really exciting. Sneak around the enemy camp putting down fire chu chu jelly, then chop some logs and put them at the top of a hill, then push ignite the chu jelly fire circle, and try not to break too many weapons. Being made to get creative is half the fun.

Around the Network

I'm opting against getting the DLC because the original game is complete for me.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

compared to something like witcher 3 blood and whine it was just not good value

habam said:

In fairness, Blood & Wine was probably the best DLC I've ever played.  

VAMatt said:
habam said:

In fairness, Blood & Wine was probably the best DLC I've ever played.  

Gothic 2 Night of the Raven was extremly good as well, though that was a Addon, no real dlc scince DLC didnt existed back in the days :D

I thought it was worth it. Added at least 15 hours of game time for me across both packs, probably more if you count all my re-dos on the Master Sword trial, so I can't complain about the time/value ratio. Also got the best dungeon and boss in the game out of it, as well as the Master Cycle Zero.

Some extra story stuff would have been nice, but was satisfied with the added Champion backstories. The last one in particular made my throat tight. Those halcyon days...

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334