By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls Remastered: 4K/60fps on PS4 Pro, X1X and PC, 1080p/30fps on Switch

GOWTLOZ said:
Chrizum said:

I wouldn't count on it. Dark Souls is an old game and didn't look great even for PS3 standards. I think we can expect a similar port to Scholars of the First Sin.

That would still be great. Its my favourite game of all time and I've never played Artoria of the Abyss DLC and in 60fps so this is a must buy for me. At launch on PS4, and during the holidays on Switch for the portability.

Oh totally, I'm really excited for this remaster. But beyond framerate, lighting and shadow quality I don't think Switch and PS4 will be that far apart graphically. Either way I'm buying the game for PS4 (don't own a Switch... yet).

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
GOWTLOZ said:

That would still be great. Its my favourite game of all time and I've never played Artoria of the Abyss DLC and in 60fps so this is a must buy for me. At launch on PS4, and during the holidays on Switch for the portability.

Oh totally, I'm really excited for this remaster. But beyond framerate, lighting and shadow quality I don't think Switch and PS4 will be that far apart graphically. Either way I'm buying the game for PS4 (don't own a Switch... yet).

Cool man. I'm interested in playing Artorias of the Abyss as from the looks of it it has the best boss fights in the game, and some really cool weapons such as gold tracer and Obsidian greatsword which I luckily got from a guy I was playing coop with online on PS3. But it would be fun to be able to get it with multiple characters and not relying on someone giving it to me. I'm also interested in getting dark magic which I wasn't able to do on PS3.

GOWTLOZ said:
DonFerrari said:

I made a mistake, yes I was going to put 1080p60fps, silly me. Yep PS4/X1 2x Switch is natural.

PS4 and XB1 versions will probably also run at higher settings. Look at Doom. 1080p60fps on PS4 with mid to high settings, 640p30fps on Switch docked with lower than low settings. This will be interesting as the resolution will be the same so the graphics should be way better in every way on PS4 if they actually intend to use its power.

Quite possible

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

GOWTLOZ said:
DonFerrari said:

I made a mistake, yes I was going to put 1080p60fps, silly me. Yep PS4/X1 2x Switch is natural.

PS4 and XB1 versions will probably also run at higher settings. Look at Doom. 1080p60fps on PS4 with mid to high settings, 640p30fps on Switch docked with lower than low settings. This will be interesting as the resolution will be the same so the graphics should be way better in every way on PS4 if they actually intend to use its power.

Very unrealistic expecation using a rushed port as an example. It should look the same except minor details, as most remasters do.