By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls Remastered: 4K/60fps on PS4 Pro, X1X and PC, 1080p/30fps on Switch

DonFerrari said:
Considering the difference in processing power 4k60fps to 1080p30fps seems a great port for Switch...

PS4/X1 probably 1080p30fps.

Nah more like 1080p60fps on og consoles. The Switch still is just 20% in terms of performance compared to the ps4 (380 gflops vs 1800 gflops). Same performance would be a terrible port for og consoles. 

Also: I dont think there is any game on ps4p yet that runs just 1080p30fps on base hardware but 4k60 on pro. Its always 1080p30 -> (sub)4k30 or 1080p60 -> (sub)4k60. Framerate stays the same.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Am I the only one really, really tired of remakes and remasters? The entire 8th gen has been a non-stop nostalgia or brush-up ride.

except most of the vr stuff which offers a completly new expierence.

Typically I prefer playing games portably, even over 60fps, but this is Dark Souls.

I need that smooth butter.

KazumaKiryu said:

Actually, every player has been aware that the switch version is the weakest again. I personally have no interest in old (remastered-)games, 2018 will see an incredible number of new AAA-games and blockbusters. A Dark Souls 4 would eventually appear only on PS4 / xone, but a new part will not come in the next few years, said the developer.

The souls-base is very huge on PS4, especially the online-player & psn-communitys. 2019 then Bloodborne 2 for all Souls-lovers/fans, I'm sure.

I wouldnt be so sure.If Dark Souls remaster ends up selling well on the Switch, which I feel it will be the best selling version, Bandai may very well consider making a version of Dark Souls 4 on Switch.Hell, for Japan alone that port may be worth it.Graphics are getting less and less important and assuming the game plays as well as the other versions and it will have overall enhanced assets on the Switrch, even if not in the same level as the other versions, people will be more than fine with it.Ever since From Software appeared as a supporting developer for the Switch, gamers have been eargerly awaiting for this game on the Switch.

Not that Dark Souls 4 will happen anyday soon anyways....

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

habam said:
DonFerrari said:
Considering the difference in processing power 4k60fps to 1080p30fps seems a great port for Switch...

PS4/X1 probably 1080p30fps.

Nah more like 1080p60fps on og consoles. The Switch still is just 20% in terms of performance compared to the ps4 (380 gflops vs 1800 gflops). Same performance would be a terrible port for og consoles. 

Also: I dont think there is any game on ps4p yet that runs just 1080p30fps on base hardware but 4k60 on pro. Its always 1080p30 -> (sub)4k30 or 1080p60 -> (sub)4k60. Framerate stays the same.

Yep.  The port of Dark Souls 2 was 1080p and 60fsp.  Unless we see some major graphical overhauls (unlikely), then there's no reason the PS4/XBone won't get the same performance for DS1.

Around the Network

Would be nice if they could make it native 4K on the X. Should be very possible, I won't buy them again unless they can promise that.

JRPGfan said:
DonFerrari said:

PS4/X1 probably 1080p30fps60fps.*fixed it :)

PS4/XB1 are that much more powerfull than the Switch, if it can do 1080/30, they can both do 1080/60.

*edit:

comfirmation:

I made a mistake, yes I was going to put 1080p60fps, silly me. Yep PS4/X1 2x Switch is natural.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
JRPGfan said:

PS4/XB1 are that much more powerfull than the Switch, if it can do 1080/30, they can both do 1080/60.

I made a mistake, yes I was going to put 1080p60fps, silly me. Yep PS4/X1 2x Switch is natural.

PS4 and XB1 versions will probably also run at higher settings. Look at Doom. 1080p60fps on PS4 with mid to high settings, 640p30fps on Switch docked with lower than low settings. This will be interesting as the resolution will be the same so the graphics should be way better in every way on PS4 if they actually intend to use its power.

GOWTLOZ said:
DonFerrari said:

PS4 and XB1 versions will probably also run at higher settings. Look at Doom. 1080p60fps on PS4 with mid to high settings, 640p30fps on Switch docked with lower than low settings. This will be interesting as the resolution will be the same so the graphics should be way better in every way on PS4 if they actually intend to use its power.

I wouldn't count on it. Dark Souls is an old game and didn't look great even for PS3 standards. I think we can expect a similar port to Scholars of the First Sin.

Chrizum said:
GOWTLOZ said:

I wouldn't count on it. Dark Souls is an old game and didn't look great even for PS3 standards. I think we can expect a similar port to Scholars of the First Sin.

That would still be great. Its my favourite game of all time and I've never played Artoria of the Abyss DLC and in 60fps so this is a must buy for me. At launch on PS4, and during the holidays on Switch for the portability.