By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - French Drug Company used 700K Filipino kids as lab rats with potential killer dengue vaccine

Concerns over the dengue immunization of nearly 734,000 children aged nine and above resulted in two Philippine congressional inquiries and a criminal investigation as to how the danger to public health came about.  The country ordered Sanofi to stop the sale, distribution and marketing of Dengvaxia after the company last month warned the vaccine could worsen the disease in some cases.  “They were fined and their certificate of product registration was suspended,” Health Secretary Francisco Duque said told Reuters.  The Food and Drugs Administration of Philippines found Sanofi violating post-marketing surveillance requirements, he added.  Sanofi was not immediately available for comment.  The government spent 3.5 billion pesos ($70.2 million) for the Dengvaxia public immunization program in 2016 to reduce the 200,000 dengue cases reported every year.

The country ordered Sanofi to stop the sale, distribution and marketing of Dengvaxia after the company last month warned the vaccine could worsen the disease in some cases.  “They were fined and their certificate of product registration was suspended,” Health Secretary Francisco Duque said told Reuters.  The Food and Drugs Administration of Philippines found Sanofi violating post-marketing surveillance requirements, he added.  Sanofi was not immediately available for comment.  The government spent 3.5 billion pesos ($70.2 million) for the Dengvaxia public immunization program in 2016 to reduce the 200,000 dengue cases reported every year.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sanofi-philippines/philippines-fines-sanofi-suspends-clearance-for-dengvaxia-idUSKBN1ET0ID

Thank you, France. I now have a nephew who got injected with this vaccine and i'm worried sick for him. Fuck.

Last edited by kurasakiichimaruALT - on 09 January 2018

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Around the Network

Can we change that title from "made" to "used." Definitely has a different meaning.

super_etecoon said:
Can we change that title from "made" to "used." Definitely has a different meaning.

Don't see the big deal but changed anyway.

This news is worrying me.

The dengue vaccine was supposed to prevent dengue from happening but this is turning out far worse. Here's an article for an extra read.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/958703/dengvaxia-vaccine-dengue-death-children-pattern-forensic-examination

😨

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Absurd. I wish the best for your nephew, may everything be alright for him. How old is he?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Stuart23 said:
Absurd. I wish the best for your nephew, may everything be alright for him. How old is he?

Ten years old. He was in school when he got the shot like every kid who got the dengue vaccine.

Around the Network
kurasakiichimaruALT said:
Stuart23 said:

Ten years old. He was in school when he got the shot like every kid who got the dengue vaccine.

My God...I may be on the other side of the world but that got even me worried about these children. Seriously,may everything be alright.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

super_etecoon said:

Don't see the big deal but changed anyway.

This news is worrying me.

The dengue vaccine was supposed to prevent dengue from happening but this is turning out far worse. Here's an article for an extra read.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/958703/dengvaxia-vaccine-dengue-death-children-pattern-forensic-examination

😨

Using the verb "made" in this sentence sounds like the drug company "created" the children using some form of test tube tech or something.  

Looks like Jack needs to pay them a visit! Wouldn't be the first time.

Stuart23 said:

My God...I may be on the other side of the world but that got even me worried about these children. Seriously,may everything be alright.

Yeah thanks. It is what it is. I wish it didn't happen but it did. We just have to push through as a family and hope the worst doesn't become a reality. :(

Damn. Why the hell isnt this on any news platforms, or anything relating to the Philippines at the very least?

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).