By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Sells 5.9 Million Units Worldwide During 2017 Holiday Season, >73.6 Million Sold Through

I was expecting something between 3.5 millions and 4 millions for december. I'll blame star wars' bundle for this.

Overall great sales, just slightly lower than last year, maybe switch managed to took some sales away

Around the Network

That's 1.6m more than I thought they would. Great sales.

The PS5 Exists. 

CGI-Quality said:
20.2m for 2017, then. Can't say what year will be the peak, but I can see them selling more than 20 million units this year.

I think the PS4 definitely benefited from the improvements in the economy. If 2017's economy was like 2016's, I'd expect it would have peaked in the 3rd year. I should note this has definitely helped the Switch and the XBox One X as well. There is also the fact that some of these sales are PS4 Pro sales, which means you have Sony selling to customers who already own a PS4 (i.e. More PS4s in the wild but fewer owners). I see it declining in 2018 as it reaches the end of its lifecycle. 

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

Nearly 75 million ps4 sold without big games like GOW,spiderman,rdr2,gt,last of us p2 and gta6.now imagine the sell through number after the release of these games.

pxrocks said:
Nearly 75 million ps4 sold without big games like GOW,spiderman,rdr2,gt,last of us p2 and gta6.now imagine the sell through number after the release of these games.

Gonna get close 100mil by the end of this year, deep into 110m if not more by the end of 2019.

Around the Network

Over 20m last year, impressive sales, room for improvement this year with all the games, bundles and price drops.

Hiku said:

Interesting. They had a somewhat weaker holiday season than last year, so it was improved sales in the other months that contributed to 2017 being the best year so far.

It really was a miniscule amount lower imo. 300k isn't much when it is ~5%.

But the other months are up because of dare I say it? Exclusives ;).

Gigantic sales,but could be better if it didnt get the shortages it had for some while.
2018 could be around 20-24 if sony plays there cards right

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

All the new games, a permanent price drop to $249 and some good bundles and I could see 2017's numbers being beat. Throw in some insane Holiday deals (standard PS4 for $149, $199 with a game) and maybe even 100m by the end of the year.

Gonna be close to 100M by the end of next year.