By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Leaked video of Switch version 5.0.0 online lounge, cloud storage, more (FAKE)

It's fake y'all!

Update: A couple of red flags have been pointed out since the video first made the rounds. First, the YouTube icon pictured isn’t the latest logo. Secondly, while Mario Kart 8 Deluxe seems to be shown on the console as a digital download, that would take up 6.8GB of memory – yet it only shows that 2GB is used in the video. For now we unfortunately have to lean much closer to this being fake.

Around the Network

The article was updated and the guys on the internet noticed a few stuff that points out to be a fake.

Like the Youtube logo being the old one and the file sizes of the downloaded games don't match up with the space left on the storage of the console. Well,too bad...

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Anyone take a moment to realize the timing between this Nintendo Switch 5.0 firmware video going live just a few hours after NOA did its mystery tweet???

I think Nintendo's marketing is now master class

:P

spemanig said:

I will say though that, if this is real, I still hate the single tile layout, and wish they'd include the option for more like with the 3DS. It actively makes me not want to buy games because I don't want to scroll through them one by one, but page by page.

There are folders though basing on the ‘Media Folder’ that held YouTube, Twitch and CR.

a decent workaround

Cool.
Potentially.

Hopefully.

Around the Network

Dang! This rumor didn't last long at all......

Pocky Lover Boy! 

twintail said:
Highly doubt Nintendo puts all of this in a single update

Well, when you stop to think about it, Nintendo hasn't really added all that much since the Switch launched, considering that it is Nintendo's premier platform going forward, and Nintendo wanting enough features to justify paid online.

It kind of makes sense that they are doing one massive update all at once, while simultaneously going paid online on the same day.

That makes the transition from free to paid exciting, depending on which features in the update are behind the paywall. (i.e. paying for all of these features at once would seem like a very big upgrade, now that everyone on the platform is used to the baseline Switch experience having none of these features so far)

I wish it was real. It looks very awesome.

A portable Crunchyroll/Youtube/Hulu player?

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Cerebralbore101 said:
A portable Crunchyroll/Youtube/Hulu player?

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Now if they only had a 4G LTE model that would truly make portable.

Can't see the video anymore, but from commnts this sounds right up my ally. Non gaming features are a huge part of any console or portable. When you are dropping $300 - $400 on a platform, it should be self sufficient.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL