By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Switch has become the fastest selling video game system of all time in the US

StreaK said:
Ljink96 said:

Wow, that's nuts. I wonder what'll be the excuse this time...switch isn't a casual gamer's system. 

Only in the US. :p

PS4 will beat Switch ... only in Europe ((((globally))))... also in case it's not obvious kappa

StreaK said:
quickrick said:

Were all gonna have a good laugh at this in a few years.

I'm already laughing, though haha.

Considering you frequently act interested in hardware sales and debate, you really shouldn't be laughing. Just sit back, relax, and we'll see how things turn out. Could do it, could not. Very likely either way.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
StreaK said:

Only in the US. :p

PS4 will beat Switch ... only in Europe ((((globally))))... also in case it's not obvious kappa

StreaK said:

I'm already laughing, though haha.

Considering you frequently act interested in hardware sales and debate, you really shouldn't be laughing. Just sit back, relax, and we'll see how things turn out. Could do it, could not. Very likely either way.

And Europe is HUGE!!! Look what Europe/Foreigners did for Titanic and Avatar films. I'm in Canada, but I couldn't care less about my own Country's sales - a measly 35 million - or even NA sales US/Canada (roughly 400 million). The fact is, I've always ever cared about what the WORLD as a whole considers popular. Nintendo may have Japan, Sony may have Germany, Microsoft may have US...whatever it may be. Each console could have its strongest territory, but the bottomline is when you tally up the BIG picture, that's when the holy grail shines. 

Titanic did $630+ million US and a whopping $1.5 million in the foreign market.

Avatar did $760 million US and a staggering  $2+ billion overseas/foreign. 

It's all about the BIG picture. YOU or the next blow joe may care about the US but I love the WORLDWIDE results, and will always favour what comes out on top WORLDWIDE.

And yes, I'll stop laughing now but I'll continue chuckling hehe...I'm not nervous at all here. In fact, I'm all too confident Switch won't even come close to PS4 total worldwide numbers. Sorry, but someone has to broadcast the BIG picture here in the sea of Nintendo followers. These Nintendo guys are so quick to hail them as the champions so yes, let's wait and see. I can't wait to be there chuckling. :D

I hate having to come out and write this, but man...some things just have to be spoken out. For some reason all this so-called news on the Switch being on top is actually unsettling to me considering at the end of the gen, we'll be talking about how PS4 garnered so many sales. I'm still in line of it selling up to 130 million and I don't quite see the Switch breaking 100 million.

Last edited by StreaK - on 06 January 2018

StreaK said:

And Europe is HUGE!!! Look what Europe/Foreigners did for Titanic and Avatar films. I'm in Canada, but I couldn't care less about my own Country's sales - a measly 35 million - or even NA sales US/Canada (roughly 400 million). The fact is, I've always ever cared about what the WORLD as a whole considers popular. Nintendo may have Japan, Sony may have Germany, Microsoft may have US...whatever it may be. Each console could have its strongest territory, but the bottomline is when you tally up the BIG picture, that's when the holy grail shines. 

It's all about the BIG picture. YOU or the next blow joe may care about the US but I love the WORLDWIDE results, and will always favour what comes out on top WORLDWIDE.

And yes, I'll stop laughing now but I'll continue chuckling hehe...I'm not nervous at all here. In fact, I'm all too confident Switch won't even come close to PS4 total worldwide numbers. Sorry, but someone has to broadcast the BIG picture here in the sea of Nintendo followers. These Nintendo guys are so quick to hail them as the champions so yes, let's wait and see. I can't wait to be there chuckling. :D

I hate having to come out and write this, but man...some things just have to be spoken out. For some reason all this so-called news on the Switch being on top is actually unsettling to me considering at the end of the gen, we'll be talking about how PS4 garnered so many sales. I'm still in line of it selling up to 130 million and I don't quite see the Switch breaking 100 million.

Beware......of the 'Hybrid Effect'. This console is unlike anything you've ever seen Bruv and weird things are happening. For example.....FIFA 18 on the switch sold more than FIFA 18 on the PS4 in Japan this past week according to Famitsu. Don't be too surprised if you see that happen soon in a European country like France in the very near future.

Last edited by duduspace1 - on 06 January 2018

duduspace1 said:
StreaK said:

Beware......of the 'Hybrid Effect'. This console is unlike anything you've ever seen Bruv and weird things are happening. For example.....FIFA 18 on the switch sold more than FIFA 18 on the PS4 in Japan this past week according to Famitsu. Don't be too surprised if you see that happen soon in a European country like France in the very near future.

Hey man, if it does "cool." If not, I'll admit I was wrong. But as of right now, this is what I stand by. I just see the Switch being extremely front loaded right now and there are a lot of Nintendo guys flocking to it.

StreaK said:
duduspace1 said:

there are a lot of Nintendo guys flocking to it.

Any data or links to back up this extremely anecdotal statement? 

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
StreaK said:

there are a lot of Nintendo guys flocking to it.

https://nintendosoup.com/japan-fifa-18-switch-sees-sudden-increase-sales-may-overtake-ps4-version/

Or how does that explain the below when the stereotype is that Nintendo guys generally do not play FIFA sports games:

"A FIFA game selling more on Nintendo hardware than Sony may soon become reality in Japan.

According to stats provided by Dengeki Online, FIFA 18 sold 16,006 copies on Nintendo Switch in Japan last week. The huge bump in sales surprised many Japanese commentators as the Switch version has been consistently selling between 2000 to 6000 copies a week.

As of last week, the PS4 version of FIFA 18 has sold 77,892 copies lifetime, while the Switch version moved 64,379 copies. Since the PS4 version has slipped below Dengeki Online’s sales charts from Week 8 (latest week is Week 14), it’s safe to assume FIFA 18 Switch will overtake FIFA 18 PS4 in the weeks to come as long as it continues to maintain its sales momentum."

StreaK said:

Holy shit you wrote so much inane nonsense over a fairly simple response

It's not like I even disagree that PS4 will win worldwide, nor did I ever say I care more about the U.S.A. than worldwide sales(I don't think most people here do...). 

The fact that you actually say you're "not nervous at all", as if you should ever be nervous about a company selling less than another company, is just pathetic. I wrote that comment assuming you'd want to try and remain reasonable and fair, because on some odd occasions you seem to have that attitude in mind. But nope, you'd rather care about trash level discussions. Well I'm not really interested in talking in that manner.  And I'm sorry to say that your "announcement" has been echoed a million times before, it's not like you're saying something insightful in a sea of fanboyism. Like really, nothing unique about what you're putting forth at all. Most people agree with you, if anything the fact that you feel the need to put down an accomplishment just goes to show that you're trying too hard. Calm down and think rationally, i'm sure most people agree with you, we're just allowed to celebrate an accomplishment, stop trying to burst bubbles because your knowledge is so great and unheard of.

duduspace1 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

https://nintendosoup.com/japan-fifa-18-switch-sees-sudden-increase-sales-may-overtake-ps4-version/

Or how does that explain the below when the stereotype is that Nintendo guys generally do not play FIFA sports games:

"A FIFA game selling more on Nintendo hardware than Sony may soon become reality in Japan.

According to stats provided by Dengeki Online, FIFA 18 sold 16,006 copies on Nintendo Switch in Japan last week. The huge bump in sales surprised many Japanese commentators as the Switch version has been consistently selling between 2000 to 6000 copies a week.

As of last week, the PS4 version of FIFA 18 has sold 77,892 copies lifetime, while the Switch version moved 64,379 copies. Since the PS4 version has slipped below Dengeki Online’s sales charts from Week 8 (latest week is Week 14), it’s safe to assume FIFA 18 Switch will overtake FIFA 18 PS4 in the weeks to come as long as it continues to maintain its sales momentum."

What does this have to do with your proclamation of Switch being front loaded and only Nintendo guys flocking to the system? 

PortisheadBiscuit said:

What does this have to do with your proclamation of Switch being front loaded and only Nintendo guys flocking to the system? 

It wasn't me who said that. I was actually supporting your point with that.

duduspace1 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

It wasn't me who said that. I was actually supporting your point with that.

whoops, my bad