By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. January bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

palou said:
And THAT is why you don't trust Amazon Japan...

What?

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
palou said:
And THAT is why you don't trust Amazon Japan...

What?

Gone now, but xbox was at 2 for a while

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Pro back above the X. PS4 at $70 more outselling Xbox. Highest selling Xbox is almost falling behind the second highest PS4 which is being sold for $300.

Xbox One will sell close to PS4 this month but judging by Amazon charts, but it's not looking good for MS.

SWORDF1SH said:
Pro back above the X. PS4 at $70 more outselling Xbox. Highest selling Xbox is almost falling behind the second highest PS4 which is being sold for $300.

Xbox One will sell close to PS4 this month but judging by Amazon charts, but it's not looking good for MS.

The thing is price is more volatile on Amazon due to third party sellers selling the consoles lower than their MSRPs. In contrast, console prices in B&M retailers are more stable unless the retailers hold some special sale/trade-in deal.

SWORDF1SH said:

December saw 2 ps4 sku's above xbone s, yet xbox won by a good margin. I wouldn't trust amazon.

Last edited by quickrick - on 16 January 2018

Around the Network

MHW in the top 3 ten days before release. Good.

Aura7541 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

The thing is price is more volatile on Amazon due to third party sellers selling the consoles lower than their MSRPs. In contrast, console prices in B&M retailers are more stable unless the retailers hold some special sale/trade-in deal.

quickrick said:
SWORDF1SH said:

December saw 2 ps4 sku's above xbone s, yet xbox won by a good margin. I wouldn't trust amazon.

Yeah you're right. Do we know how things are going at other stores. 

3 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#10 NS Neon (up 1)
#19 NS Grey (same)
#33 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 1)
#42 XB1 (same)
#49 PS4 Star Wars (same)
#56 PS4 Pro (up 13)
#61 XB1X (up 5)
#89 XB1 Forza (up 8)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#18 NS Bayonetta 2 + Bayonetta (Digital Download) (down 1)*
#32 PS4 Dissidia Final Fantasy (same)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

quickrick said:
SWORDF1SH said:

December NPD included Cyber Monday, so Amazon's December rankings only told us part of the story.

Aura7541 said:
quickrick said:

December NPD included Cyber Monday, so Amazon's December rankings only told us part of the story.

well cyber money should have helped ps4 more since it was the best selling item at walmart for cyber monday in dollars amount at 199$.