By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. January bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Believe me, I would like to update more often. But there hasn't been much movement since the holidays ended. Updating every two or three hours would feel redundant.

9 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#08 NS Neon (down 1)
#11 NS Grey (same)
#24 XB1 Forza (down 1)
#33 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 1)
#34 PS4 Star Wars (up 7)
#59 XB1X (same)
#65 PS4 Pro (down 4)
#69 XB1 Minecraft (up 4)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
Nothing at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Around the Network
Slarvax said:

Monster Hunter and DBFZ should be on the software list.

Edit: Also Dissidia Final Fantasy. 

Monster Hunter and DBFZ are multiplats, so we don't track them. Thanks for reminding me about DFF, though.

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

switch didn't meet launch demand for a long time, many of those buyers are early adopters. next year i expect ps4 to win most npd's. this console imo will have it's best the first year with most nintendo fans buying it early just look at how nintedo games are selling on the thing it's mind blowing.

Have you looked at software sales for previous Nintendo consoles? 5m for an individual game isn't much. Most Nintendo fans have yet to buy a Switch...

...and Amazon is showing the two Switch SKUs comfortably at the top.

amazon is not npd. i expect switch will do better on amazon, but not npd just like the games.  5m is not a lot but most but those nintendo franchises are getting there much faster then ever before. 

Last edited by quickrick - on 04 January 2018

p0isonparadise said:

Believe me, I would like to update more often. But there hasn't been much movement since the holidays ended. Updating every two or three hours would feel redundant.

HARDWARE:
#08 NS Neon (down 1)
#11 NS Grey (same)
#24 XB1 Forza (down 1)
#34 PS4 Star Wars (up 7)
#59 XB1X (same)
#65 PS4 Pro (down 4)
#69 XB1 Minecraft (up 4)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
Nothing at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

We dont want your excuses, just the rankings!!!

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

quickrick said:

switch didn't meet launch demand for a long time, many of those buyers are early adopters. 

Wow the people who buy a console in the first year are early adopters!?!?!

This is new info to me.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
p0isonparadise said:
Slarvax said:

Monster Hunter and DBFZ should be on the software list.

Edit: Also Dissidia Final Fantasy. 

Monster Hunter and DBFZ are multiplats, so we don't track them. Thanks for reminding me about DFF, though.

Uuugh, I keep forgetting it's exclusives! Sorry.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

switch didn't meet launch demand for a long time, many of those buyers are early adopters. 

This is new info to me.

why is it news? switch took a long time to get 2 million sold, because of shortages, super nes classic could probably beat ps4 for 4 months on npd, if launched at march with suck low shipments. if next year switch keeps on beating ps4 ill happily eat crow but you guys have to do the same.

Alright then, let's talk about the ranking.

p0isonparadise said: 

HARDWARE:
#08 NS Neon (down 1)
#11 NS Grey (same)
#24 XB1 Forza (down 1)
#34 PS4 Star Wars (up 7)
#59 XB1X (same)
#65 PS4 Pro (down 4)
#69 XB1 Minecraft (up 4)

Oh look, Switch is dominate Amazon.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

This is new info to me.

why is it news? switch took a long time to get 2 million sold, because of shortages, super nes classic could probably beat ps4 for 4 months on npd, if launched at march with suck low shipments. if next year switch keeps on beating ps4 ill happily eat crow but you guys have to do the same.

You missed what i was saying.

In your last post you said many of the early buyers were early adopters.

I thought that was funny because they are literally the same thing.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

You missed what i was saying.

In your last post you said many of the early buyers were early adopters.

I thought that was funny because they are literally the same thing.

sorry was trying to say day one buyers, the poeple that wanted the product day one, or around launch but couldn't get it.