By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 5 post game content.

Zkuq said:
Hiku said:

Were ALL Chapter 2 missions repeats? I thought some were new?
I didn't mind doing them though. The ones that start you off with 0 weapons challenged you to approach missions in a more strategic way. And the gameplay was fun for me pretty much all the way through. It was the story that didn't click with me.

There weren't too many new story missions in Chapter 2, but I think there were some. And I kind of agree - those repeated missions can be nice challenges. I would have hated having to play them to progress in story though.

Nautilus said:
Yeah, unfortunely MGS V is really dissapointing.Like Wright said, you need to play through repeated missions, only to be rewarded with a dissapointing and unfinished story.I highly recommend you simply watch the rest of the story on youtube, if you dont have the patience to go through that.

Like I said, you don't need to play the repeated mission. I played between 0 and 2 repeated missions, which is definitely not all of them - and I'm pretty sure I didn't need to play any repeated mission at all. I know from experience that you don't need to play through them. Stop spreading misinformation.

Read the previous post.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Ultr said:

Stop spreading lies/misinformations. You do not need to play through repeated missions.

Fine you dont.All you have to do then is play a shitton of side missions, which get old PRETTY quickly.Believe me, I have beaten the game, and the game pads the hell out on its progression.

Anyways, it shouldnt need to be said that what I wrote is my opinion about the game, and thus it dosent make it into a lie or a misinformation.But I should say that this game was a big dissapointment, and Im far from being the only one who thinks that.

I don't have any problem with you not liking the game. For all I care, you're free to hate the game. I even agree about your critique about chapter 2 - it wasn't wasn't very good overall, mainly because of unclear progression conditions. The fact is still that you don't have to play through the repeated missions, which is the only thing I objected about in what you said.

Nautilus said:
Ultr said:

Stop spreading lies/misinformations. You do not need to play through repeated missions.

Fine you dont.All you have to do then is play a shitton of side missions, which get old PRETTY quickly.Believe me, I have beaten the game, and the game pads the hell out on its progression.

Anyways, it shouldnt need to be said that what I wrote is my opinion about the game, and thus it dosent make it into a lie or a misinformation.But I should say that this game was a big dissapointment, and Im far from being the only one who thinks that.

No they do not get old pretty quickly believe me I have also beaten the game. And it was a blast. It is a lie/ misinterpretation if you tell him something that is not how it is. And I am only talking about the things that are how it is, not how you felt about something, that is fine by me your opinion is your opinion.

A quick look at metacritic says that 80-90% of all the gamers that reviewed it there enyojed the hell out of this game. So you thinking this game is a big disappointment is your opinion but far from the truth.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain

Ultr said:
Nautilus said:

No they do not get old pretty quickly believe me I have also beaten the game. And it was a blast. It is a lie/ misinterpretation if you tell him something that is not how it is. And I am only talking about the things that are how it is, not how you felt about something, that is fine by me your opinion is your opinion.

A quick look at metacritic says that 80-90% of all the gamers that reviewed it there enyojed the hell out of this game. So you thinking this game is a big disappointment is your opinion but far from the truth.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain

So now my opinion is lies and misinformation, but yours isnt?That since you enjoyed the side quests, then surely Im insane for not liking it?Oh my, seems that you didnt start the year well.

Anyways, I never said, outside of the progression part, that my opinion is a fact.My opinion is an opinion, even though I have seen plenty across forums and such that has the same opinion as me about the game.It is also my opinion that this is one of the most overrated games in this generation, and that comes from a big MGS fan that has played almost all games.But again, its my opinion not a fact.Im just glad you enjoyed your time with it, but I honestly hope that this game was a mistake on Konami part and that Kojima is back on form with Death Stranding.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Zkuq said:
Nautilus said:

I don't have any problem with you not liking the game. For all I care, you're free to hate the game. I even agree about your critique about chapter 2 - it wasn't wasn't very good overall, mainly because of unclear progression conditions. The fact is still that you don't have to play through the repeated missions, which is the only thing I objected about in what you said.

Fair enough, I can agree with you on this!

Around the Network

I considered this game as done after chapter 1 aswell. I watched the missing story on youtube (even that wasn't worth it) ..

How were people able to progress the story in the post game content without doing the repeat missions with harder stipulations? I loved the game, but just couldn't beat some that said you couldn't be spotted or things like that. I was looking at online guides too. I eventually gave up because the conditions were so frustrating. Loved the game, though, but was really disappointed I couldn't play to the "true" ending.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Nautilus said:
Zkuq said:

Fair enough, I can agree with you on this!

This is good to hear. :)

This is same shit that made me stop. I'm around where you are and I want to go back and finish it but these recycled missions are pissing me off.

Nautilus said:
Ultr said:

So now my opinion is lies and misinformation, but yours isnt?That since you enjoyed the side quests, then surely Im insane for not liking it?Oh my, seems that you didnt start the year well.

Anyways, I never said, outside of the progression part, that my opinion is a fact.My opinion is an opinion, even though I have seen plenty across forums and such that has the same opinion as me about the game.It is also my opinion that this is one of the most overrated games in this generation, and that comes from a big MGS fan that has played almost all games.But again, its my opinion not a fact.Im just glad you enjoyed your time with it, but I honestly hope that this game was a mistake on Konami part and that Kojima is back on form with Death Stranding.

I was referencing you saying that you "NEED" to do repeated missions. wich is just not true.

Everything else was your opinion, I wont touch that.

And yeah as I said there are some people, or alot of people that did not like it. But that does not change the fact that from looking at critics from players (not magazines or blogs) its overwhelmingly positive. Which is, a fact.

Last edited by Ultr - on 01 January 2018