By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I hate to say this, but the Switch commercials were right....

DonFerrari said: 
zygote said:

I broke out Arms and 12Switch during family gatherings over Christmas. Those two games alone got everyone involved and playing across the varying ages. Convinced a couple of buys. One mother of 2 smaller kids kept saying how their xbox purchase was a mistake. Lol

My colleague bought a X360 for his 6y old... of course he forgot to check that X360 had no games appropriated for his son, even more that he iis a very strict dad.

Parents are so out of touch with kids. I have a friend who bought a PS4 for his 6 yr old. Granted I think Switch with the detachable joycons would be dangerous, frustrating, and costly in the hands of his extremely hyperactive child, but he was talking up all the great experiences they were going to have playing Call of Duty, Farcry, and Uncharted. Lol. I can’t help but think he was buying a present for himself.

Around the Network

It's mobile. That's what it was designed for.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
But why do you hate to say that?

Because those commercials are so cringe-endusing. A bunch of uber hipsters hanging out and trying too hard... it's rough.

Remember the dub step Wii U commercial? Yeah, I barely did either...

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

They were right that it's a handheld you can plug into your TV.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I must have missed the Switch commercial that indicated some games would have lower resolution and frame rate in handheld mode.

zygote said:
DonFerrari said: 

My colleague bought a X360 for his 6y old... of course he forgot to check that X360 had no games appropriated for his son, even more that he iis a very strict dad.

Parents are so out of touch with kids. I have a friend who bought a PS4 for his 6 yr old. Granted I think Switch with the detachable joycons would be dangerous, frustrating, and costly in the hands of his extremely hyperactive child, but he was talking up all the great experiences they were going to have playing Call of Duty, Farcry, and Uncharted. Lol. I can’t help but think he was buying a present for himself.

Your friend seems like gave himself a gift...

But my friend were more on the idiot that didn't research the system he was buying.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

FragileSurface said:
I must have missed the Switch commercial that indicated some games would have lower resolution and frame rate in handheld mode.

That's the basic Nintendo package. It is implied by the Nintendo sticker on the Box.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I loved the ads but didn't see reality matching up. Oddly enough, it has. I legitimately find myself playing in all sorts of places around the house, and often bring it out if I have to get the car worked on, wait to pick someone up, etc.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7