By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Some just can't take accept defeat....

Yeah you get complete tits online. Mariokart DS is the worst for it, whenever you,re winning a race other people just quit.

Around the Network

i try not to quit out of any game, for instance, when i first played fifa 2008 online on my 360 i was 4-0 down at half time, i played on though and had a good second half, i still lost 4-1 but i learnt from my defeat, as all good gamers should.

kingofwale said:
well, you are playing the Wii version of the game, how old were your opponents?

You have been trolling and taking stabs at Nintendo no less then 3 times in less then 12 hours and still haven´t got banned, it´s just amazingly ridicioulous how they let you get away with it when others get banned for far less and for a long time too but they just let you slide, you have to have very powerfull friends omong the VGC mods.

I just want to know why you enter and troll Nintendo threads if you A) Only troll B) have nothing to say C) Hate Nintedo that much.

Why do you even bother, that kind of behaviour is just pathetic.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

LOL i see that almost every time, Halo, gears, Cod4 u name it, some folks just don't like losing. Me i never quit an online game until the session's over, most times the guys on the other end really respect it, especially when they were winning 4/5th of the match and u come from behind and own HAHAHA ^_^

That really sucks. I remember racing a guy that had 30 losses X 1 victories in Mario Kart DS. When I was about 3 seconds from winning the race, I understood why. The little fucker disconnected. That is worst than cheating. Be a man and take that loss.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

i hate those sore losers so much.

Ya see me and a couple of my friends started a CoD4 clan on gamebattles and 2 teams that we have beat without cheating or anything disputed our victory just because they're dicks.

Wojtas said:
My other complain is lag. Having 6 mbits/s ensures me that i have a steady ping but most of the people i play with keep lagging..

Latency and bandwidth are different issues.  Plus, most gamers seem to stick with wireless for online gaming with the Wii, which is a remarkably bad idea especially if you live near other people.  Wireless access points have only three channels that do not interfere with each other (1, 6 and 11) and the interference range is almost twice the demodulation range -- so you likely have more than twice as many wireless access points generating interference than you can see when browsing for wireless access points.

Plus, the frequency range is shared by cordless phones, microwaves, flourescent bulbs, bluetooth headsets, Wiimotes, PS3/Xbox 360 controllers, etc.  It is so over saturated that it is a terrible choice for gaming.

I feel for you man, that's one of the reasons I don't like to play online much.

that is something people will keep on doing, for example with C&C Zero Hour (used to play it quite a lot) i would be a late bloomer by sacrificing somewhat my two teammates (in 3vs3) to come out and crush the opponents by sheer amounts of cash and the stuff you can buy with it :P. but in the beginning the losing side easily disconnected or at any other time when they were losing. this is done in many other games and it really is annoying. I like to play against people that are roughly as good as me but mostly those people also run when something would end up in their disadvantage. (serious errors/connection lost occurs a lot as well regularly)

Always nice to see a troll get what they have coming.

Rage quitting is a big issue in online games. It's not fun for the loser to get his pants whupped by somebody way better than s/he is, and it's not fun for the winner to trample his/her opponent and have the match end partway through.

The best online games will have systems in place to try to ameliorate this issue. Matching up players with similar skill levels is a good solution, but Nintendo's online doesn't really facilitate this. Another thing you can do is set up game mechanics that favour the loser. The loser might spawn faster, or get better weapons, like in Mario Kart. In the case of PES, Konami might have the losing team run faster or kick more accurately if they're down by 3 or more goals.

Of course, this turns off some of the hardcore, who feel that they've earned their right to pwn noobs with their 1337 skillz. But really, if you're that much better than your opponent, wouldn't you rather they put up a little fight? It's gotta be better than if they get discouraged and disconnect halfway through.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.