By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Wolfenstein - New Order - Why...

is this not on the index in Germany?

Just played it the first time. omg. shooting off legs and arms, exploding bodies...

Games on the index changed here a lot in Germany. Let's go back:

Mortal Kombat Snes index

resident evil PS index

condemned, index B (meaning forbidden)

Soldier of Fortune 2...omg...

i understand that symbols of german history are cut out, and the bad guys are also changed, fully agree, but this with exploding bodies? omg

Mortal Kombat PS4 is free to purchase...

my question is: what changed the rules to set games on the index?

Around the Network

Index meaning banned? If so it was about time for DE to loosen up. Same would be true for Australia. I would like to tell you that this is mainly because people are more enlightened today and see gaming as more than a simple entertainment medium, but its probably down to profitability M rated games sell.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

in germany, there are 2 levels of index.
A: cant make ads for it, can't buy it in stores as normal purchase, as it can't be put on shelfes. but, it is ok to buy/sell it "under the table".
B: forbidden. not allowed to sell it at all, and if e.g. police finds it in your apprtment, they are allowed to take it and it is destroyed.
it's similar with movies.
as i said, i totally agree that certain symbols are removed, but i just don't understand the change. e.g. movie "evil dead", 20 years completely forbidden, now released as FSK 16, which is the same level as "jaws"

hunter_alien said:
Index meaning banned? If so it was about time for DE to loosen up. Same would be true for Australia. I would like to tell you that this is mainly because people are more enlightened today and see gaming as more than a simple entertainment medium, but its probably down to profitability M rated games sell.

No, quite the contrary, this means games are being viewed as just a simple entertainment medium.

Teeqoz said:
hunter_alien said:

No, quite the contrary, this means games are being viewed as just a simple entertainment medium.

Exactly what I (tried to) say. Maybe I wrote it a bit off, sorry, my english can get a bit confusing

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!