By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Fact: Celsius is better than Fahrenheit

I almost never like to state my opinions as facts. However my one exception is Celsius being better than Fahrenheit. I mean, who could think the opposite? 

Let's compare the basics. Celsius freezes at 0 and boils at 100. Fahrenheit freezes at 32 and boils at 212. Celsius is more logical.

Around the Network

DD/MM/YY makes way more sense than MM/DD/YY, I always mix up the dates when looking at the latter.

Of course, it's just like meter >>>>>> foot

Vini256 said:
DD/MM/YY makes way more sense than MM/DD/YY, I'll never not mix the dates up when looking at the latter.

I agree with that. The fourth day of the fifth month makes more sense than saying the fifth month of the fourth day.

You have good taste.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I agree on metric measurements and dating above, but from a human perspective discussing the weather I like a system of 0 to 100 that is based on comfort. In science I agree Celsius makes far more sense.

Below 0 (Really cold)
0-20 (Cold)
21-40 (Cool)
41-60 (Moderate)
61-80 (Warm)
81-100 (Hot)
Above 100 (Really Hot)

HomokHarcos said:

I agree with that. The fourth day of the fifth month makes more sense than saying the fifth month of the fourth day.

I'd actually really like to know the logic behind putting the month before the day in some calendars (Like the US and Japanese ones). It looks confusing since Day -> Month -> Year is in crescent order (In terms of lenght of time) and it just makes a lot more sense to me.

Nymeria said:
I agree on metric measurements and dating above, but from a human perspective discussing the weather I like a system of 0 to 100 that is based on comfort. In science I agree Celsius makes far more sense.

Below 0 (Really cold)
0-20 (Cold)
21-40 (Cool)
41-60 (Moderate)
61-80 (Warm)
81-100 (Hot)
Above 100 (Really Hot)

You actually explained Fahrenheit to make sense to me.

Ka-pi96 said:
Yeah but.... Kelvin is even better!

Celcius is the same thing as Kelvin, but with easier numbers.

I use Celsius and Fahrenheit interchangeably since I can mental math.