By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GOD of WAR vs. SPIDERMAN

next year we will see release 2 very big games for the ps4, but what game will have the bigger impact if we are speaking of sales? 

vs

Around the Network

With Marvel's marketing - Spider Man (3.5-4m FM, 8-10m FY).

GoW (2.5-3m FM, 6-7m FY)

Last edited by Kemono - on 30 December 2017

I think it will be a close win for GoW, unless there's a new Spiderman movie coming next year?

God of war better reviews but spider man open world is more my thing and I believe it will sell more especially to the demographic who still not own a PS4 yet.

Spider-Man will probably sell more (could sell huge numbers), and God of War gets better Metascore (both will get good reviews). I am equally excited for both games.

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

Around the Network

I think God of War will edge out Spider-Man but it will be close.

So far the bestselling Spider-Man game sold 4.5m on PS2 and God of War III sold around 6.5m on PS3 (still under-tracked gave up that fight years ago). I think both upcoming games will sell better than those did and the gap will be closer.

PS4 players will be happy either way!

I think Spiderman will sell more mainly because Sony won't be the only company advertising the game. Both games should be close, though.

God of War will probably score better, look better and sell better.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I'm going to go with God of War over Spiderman. I'm definitely getting both. There is great competition in exclusives next year. Both of these are deserving of great sales. My hope is that both see at least 4 million each.

I love both of them but my heart says kratos gonna win this war.