By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 total sales has surpassed 3DS numbers

IkePoR said:
Pillertriller said:

Nintendo says the Switch is a Console

And 40% of it's userbase playing it on the metro say it's portable.

And on VGC Nintendo userbase change it betwen HH, Console and Hybrid depending on the point they are defending.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
IkePoR said:

And 40% of it's userbase playing it on the metro say it's portable.

And on VGC Nintendo userbase change it betwen HH, Console and Hybrid depending on the point they are defending.

Mhm.  Your point?

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:
DonFerrari said:

Mhm.  Your point?

That you saying some Metro users (that you even have statistics about, or so it seems) is less relevant than Nintendo own classification and that the shifting of what Switch you are doing is the same other Nintendo fans do to make Switch seems better.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
IkePoR said:

Mhm.  Your point?

That you saying some Metro users (that you even have statistics about, or so it seems) is less relevant than Nintendo own classification and that the shifting of what Switch you are doing is the same other Nintendo fans do to make Switch seems better.

Not trying to make it seem like anything but what it is - a hybrid.  The concept of a thing being two things at the same time.  So when the argument is skewed, yes, Switch is entitled to be classified as either.  It's the only tech that's allowed this privilege because it's the only tech that does both. 

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:
DonFerrari said:

Not trying to make it seem like anything but what it is - a hybrid.  The concept of a thing being two things at the same time.  So when the argument is skewed, yes, Switch is entitled to be classified as either.  It's the only tech that's allowed this privilege because it's the only tech that does both. 

Nope... if something is a hybrid it isn't "this, that and both", it is just both. the shifting is just to either gives extra praises or deflect criticisms.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
IkePoR said:

Nope... if something is a hybrid it isn't "this, that and both", it is just both. the shifting is just to either gives extra praises or deflect criticisms.

I see what you're saying and yeah, I don't appreciate that either.  It's a lazy way of arguing to just say "well Switch is console!" and vice-versa when it benefits the argument.  It's both, it's always both, period.  Personally, I don't think it makes sense to compare Switch to anything because it doesn't fit the black or white categories we're used to.

IkePoR said:
DonFerrari said:

I see what you're saying and yeah, I don't appreciate that either.  It's a lazy way of arguing to just say "well Switch is console!" and vice-versa when it benefits the argument.  It's both, it's always both, period.  Personally, I don't think it makes sense to compare Switch to anything because it doesn't fit the black or white categories we're used to.

For me, the handheld part of a hybrid concept naturally will be more dominating. What's the biggest difference - being able to play your handheld in the living room, or your console on the go? One of those is easily doable without the hybrid concept, though not in quite the same fashion (except for stuff like the PSP GO which could also connect to your TV), while the latter can't. That's why, to me, the handheld aspect of the Switch seems more important than the console aspect. It's not an attempted dig at the Switch, just the way I see things. As for the comparison part, I don't see a problem comparing the Switch with neither the 3DS or the PS4 or anything else, just like I don't see a reason to not compare the PS4 and the 3DS.

I know I'm entering a conversation I didn't originally participate in, but those are just my 5 cents

IkePoR said:
DonFerrari said:

And it doesn't need that defense... it is a great HW doing great numbers.

KLAMarine said:
Pillertriller said:

Is it?

KLAMarine said:
Pillertriller said:

Is it?

For me its not, and this is the reason why its not another flop like the wii u. It is a Handheld that can be used as a console imo

SegataSanshiro said:

Why are we comparing a dedicated handheld to a console? They are different markets with different generations.

Arent both of them used to play videogames and both arent succesors of their respectives last generation consoles? Mmm...