By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do Nintendo handhelds do better than their home consoles?

There was a PlayStation phone in 2011. It was a massive bomb, and part of what ended Sony Ericsson as a serious player in the mobile industry.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Despite the DS selling more hardware, more people played the Wii and more software sold on the Wii. The difference is that in a family of 6 people, they would use 1 Wii between them, but each one would have their own DS. The Wii brought in a lot more money for Nintendo.

Better or bigger library.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

TheBraveGallade said:
killeryoshis said:
Their handlhelds usually have better games then their home console counter parts. Why that's the case is another post. Pretty much every Nintendo handheld is universally loved while the home consoles are hit and miss for some. I mean how many people consider the Wii U a better device then the 3DS? Very very few. A lot of people say the DS is one of the best consoles of all time while the Wii is seen as good or even excellent but inferior to the DS.

Quality sells consoles and Nintendo handhelds are just better made than their home console counterparts.

Well its more like the competition is shit in the mobile gaming space. We all know mobile can't deliver a proper gaming expirence most of the time if its not an RPG, and the only thing that did something to dent ninty was the psp, but the psp was basically used as a pmp or ipod most of the time.

That doesn't make sense. The DS sold more than the Gameboy with less time and more competition. If competition was such a big factor then the DS should have sold less then the Gameboy. Nintendo just makes really good handhelds with really good software. That's why they sell so much.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Pokemon is a reason

Lower price and portability is another, though the Switch isn't cheap

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Its viewed more as a cheap toy then an expensive electronic.

My brothers kids went through at least 5 3ds, had no nin console. Have 1 PS4.

I think thats pretty easy, more affordable price of handhelds and less competition.

Because handhelds >>> home consoles, but only Nintendo fans realise that.

Do people not realize that home consoles are typically owned by groups of people (like families) while handhelds are typically for personal use?