By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Fans Have Spoken, Last Jedi Drops A Massive 68%

Mr.GameCrazy said:
thismeintiel said:

I look forward to the day when you actually change your mind on this film.  How anyone can like that the plot of a half hour episode of Star Trek:TNG or Clone Wars, and not a great one I'll add, got stretched out to 2 hrs is acceptable for a mainline SW movie is beyond me.  Can't be a real fan if they don't care that SW has been reduced to this.  Thank god real fans are speaking with their wallets.

Can you not do that? Just because Goodnightmoon likes The Last Jedi doesn't mean he's not a "real fan." I thought being a fan of Star Wars simply meant that you like Star Wars.

And he has accused those of disliking this movie of not being true fans, so tit for tat.  And sorry, I don't consider anyone a real fan if they like something that ruins so many of the things that people like about Star Wars.  Maybe he's a casual fan.  If so, whatever.  But, if that's true, he shouldn't be blasting others for disliking this film, insinuating that they are the one who aren't true fans.  Or if he just likes anything SW, there's another word for that.  It does have fan in it, but they are not the same thing.

Last edited by thismeintiel - on 24 December 2017

Around the Network
Mr.GameCrazy said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Fan of star wars hates the last Jedi because of what they did to Luke, the jedis, the mythological aspect of the saga.

Fans of good and logical plots don't like the Last Jedi because its story is very poor and make no sense.

The whole story could have been ended at any moment by a FO ship going into lightspeed and cutting the escape of the rebels. It made zero sense.

Are you saying I'm wrong for liking The Last Jedi? 

Yes you are.

You are probably easy to please and any action movie, even the worst will do the job.

Lucas-Rio said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

Yes you are.

You are probably easy to please and any action movie, even the worst will do the job.

Well, if I have to force myself to dislike a movie in order to be a "real fan" of Star Wars, I would rather not be part of the fanbase.

Lucas-Rio said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

Can you not do that? Just because Goodnightmoon likes The Last Jedi doesn't mean he's not a "real fan." I thought being a fan of Star Wars simply meant that you like Star Wars.

He seems more like a Disney/Marvel fan than a Star Wars fan.

He did not like any of the old characters, nor the universe.

Star Wars always was a mythological tale about the Force, the Jedi in a sci-fi setting..... Now it's being shown as a poor action movie with "mom jokes".

What the fuck are you talking about dude? When have I said any of that? I have never been a huge fan of Marvel, I like some of their movies and I feel meh about others, I like many classic Disney movies and I dislike many others, how does that makes me a marvel/Disney fanboy? I have never hate the original characters of SW and I have always loved the universe, is beyond pathetic to read comments like this just because I liked the movie, I have a degree in audiovisual comunications, I have been working for years as a camera and director assisting and I have watched the old trilogy multiple times, why the fuck do you have to act like you know more than me just because you hated the movie?

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Yes you are.

Well, if I have to force myself to dislike a movie in order to be a "real fan" of Star Wars, I would rather not be part of the fanbase.

Don't force yourself to do anything, but you are what people call "good public". No need to to anything special to please these people. Anything half decent will make the job. Some people have higher quality expectations.

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

I guess I'm not a "real fan" for liking The Last Jedi either. I personally like all of the Star Wars movies.

Fan of star wars hates the last Jedi because of what they did to Luke, the jedis, the mythological aspect of the saga.

Fans of good and logical plots don't like the Last Jedi because its story is very poor and make no sense.

The whole story could have been ended at any moment by a FO ship going into lightspeed and cutting the escape of the rebels. It made zero sense.

Yep.  One of the biggest plot holes has to deal with their poor choice of a main plot.  And, as shown in the film, it could have been easily handled in two ways.  One, either you call in another ship to lightspeed directly behind them and blast them or on the other side of them to do a pincer attack.  Or you have a ship lightspeed through them.  Movie over. 

This is why I say it was really just the plot of a TV show, where it would have taken up 15 mins of that show, a believable amount of time for that predicament.  2hrs, which was actually about 18 hrs in movie's time?  Hell no!

thismeintiel said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

And he has accused those of disliking this movie of not being true fans, so tit for tat.  And sorry, I don't consider anyone a real fan if they like something that ruins so many of the things that people like about Star Wars.  Maybe he's a casual fan.  If so, whatever.  But, if that's true, he shouldn't be blasting others for disliking this film, insinuating that they are the one who aren't true fans.  Or if he just likes anything SW, there's another word for that.  It does fan in it, but they are not the same thing.

Didn't realize he was doing that. Sorry.

Seems a bit rich to label people who liked TLJ as "not real fans"
If you've got solid criticism of the movie use that, please. (Unless it's the Mary Sue shite, then don't bother)

Using this "drop" to try and push that people didn't really like it is also quite fanciful.
For one thing it's very likely to do very well over the holidays, and for another it has already amassed massive amounts of cash.
Add to that the fact that very few movies would be likely to replicate the event status of the start of a new Star Wars trilogy (see Episode V and II also suffering because of this).

For my part I really liked it. It's pushing the franchise in a new direction, one of a world predicated on flawed myths and widespread corruption.
The new layers we get to see to both sides of the conflict us what I found the most fascinating.
I'll probably see it again over the holidays actually.

Mr.GameCrazy said:
thismeintiel said:

And he has accused those of disliking this movie of not being true fans, so tit for tat.  And sorry, I don't consider anyone a real fan if they like something that ruins so many of the things that people like about Star Wars.  Maybe he's a casual fan.  If so, whatever.  But, if that's true, he shouldn't be blasting others for disliking this film, insinuating that they are the one who aren't true fans.  Or if he just likes anything SW, there's another word for that.  It does fan in it, but they are not the same thing.

Didn't realize he was doing that. Sorry.

I have NEVER say people that didn't liked it weren't real fans, he is straight up lying.

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Lucas-Rio said:

That’s what he’s saying. 

Let me tell you something, the Star Wars community is literal cancer. 40 years of lunatics, not fans, absolute lunatics, have led up to the pile of shit you’ll see here. They have no knowledge of film making or movies in general -and if they claim they do they’re lying in order to appear like they have authority to their opinion, they don’t. They’re hypocrites and liars and will do anything to attack any new ideas or stories if it doesn’t align with their expectations. Why? My theory is that they’re mentally handicapped but feel free to come up with whatever else.

The best way to be a Star Wars fan is to avoid other ‘fans’. If they think the original trilogy is this perfect masterpiece of filmmaking, they’re stupid and should be avoided like the plague. The ones that tell you what you can and can’t like, like this asshole, avoid like the plague. If they think all the movies are perfect -avoid them like the plague. General rule, avoid Star Wars fans like the plague. They’re assholes who only like 3 (sometimes only 2) movies about religious space wizards with lazer katanas who fight evil. The rest of the movies that are about religious space wizards with lazer katanas suck -to them. 

They’ll try to debate you about stupid shit too. They’ll bring up books no one in their right mind would read, episodes of cartoons that explain this, or use “plotholes”, “logic”, and some throw away words that involve filmmaking. Rest assure, they have no clue what they’re saying. It’s the equivalent word diarrhea. So if they tell you you’re wrong -well, I mean these are the same people who, for a while, were completely fine with a horse being a rebel fighter, Luke being cloned and the clone being called “Luuuke”, and similar stupid shit; they have no ground to stand on -just tell them you have the high ground.